Damn - that was close

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Lost control of the rear end.
It’s strange that high powered rear wheel drive cars don’t require an advanced license, like motorcycles do.
Could have killed people with his stupidity.
Total bell!

tom73

Guru
Lost control of the rear end.
It’s strange that high powered rear wheel drive cars don’t require an advanced license, like motorcycles do.
Could have killed people with his stupidity.
Total bell!

Other reports say CCTV showed a group of joggers going past the racks moments before the crash.
So it could have been very different outcome.

They showed this on morning news. Made out like no harm done except for expensive repair bill. That red paint is so expensive. I might have misheard but I thought the presenter said the driver got away with just a fine. I hope they got more.

Just how annoyed would you be if your bike was locked up there? I bet you'd not get the true value of it back if at all via insurance.

I agree there's no extra licencing requirements for high performance vehicles like with motorbikes. Mind you not that it helps stop super sports bike riders being complete knobs riding like their favourite superbike rider on country roads (blind bends and other hazards). Nothing will stop such idiots except death! Not that I wish that on them.

tom73

Guru
They showed this on morning news. Made out like no harm done except for expensive repair bill. That red paint is so expensive. I might have misheard but I thought the presenter said the driver got away with just a fine. I hope they got more.

Just how annoyed would you be if your bike was locked up there? I bet you'd not get the true value of it back if at all via insurance.

I agree there's no extra licencing requirements for high performance vehicles like with motorbikes. Mind you not that it helps stop super sports bike riders being complete knobs riding like their favourite superbike rider on country roads (blind bends and other hazards). Nothing will stop such idiots except death! Not that I wish that on them.

Worse the driver got totally away with it police are taking no action.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
To be fair, didn't appear to be going particularly fast, but still too fast and driving beyond their ability and the conditions in a wholly inappropriate urban situation. Anyone that can't predict slippery surfaces on damp tarmac in a town centre that is likely to give issues for a powerful rear wheel drive car is clearly under-skilled for the situation.

It has long been my belief that the bar for getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle (powerful or otherwise) is set far too low and IMO access to driving should be linked to proven ability and awareness, not just the amount of cash you have at your disposal.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Police were more concerned that the motorist violated curfew. Sounds like a nasty bastard.
https://road.cc/content/news/ferrari-driver-destroys-bike-rack-307363

"But he is now accused of punching his partner, who was 32 weeks pregnant at the time, in the face on December 2 last year.
Mendham, of Cringleford, Norfolk, denied assault causing actual bodily harm as he appeared at Norwich Crown Court.
He spoke only to confirm his name and enter his plea during a short hearing today.
The businessman was remanded in custody to appear at the same court for trial on June 5 later this year."

Citron Diane, you know the 2cv style car with red and iirc grey colour blocks plus rollback canvas roof. Like the 2cv they crumpled badly in accidents. If you had one chances are you're in trouble.

BTW to cause that much damage and continue to travel forward so far surely he must have been above 20mph that's in most town and city centre roads. He had to be above the speed limit to travel that far surely?

Gillstay

Über Member
I find it odd he did not brake after the car went up the kerb a second time. Just seems to stop by chance.
Bet that's a complete write off,

Alex321

Veteran
It has long been my belief that the bar for getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle (powerful or otherwise) is set far too low and IMO access to driving should be linked to proven ability and awareness, not just the amount of cash you have at your disposal.

Even though the UK driving test is already one of the toughest in the world, and UK KSI figures per million vehicle Km are among the best in the world.

That is not saying we shouldn't try to improve things even more, but it really isn't as bad as some try to make out.

Top Bottom