Damn these new fangled things.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

I just bought myself a nice Bianchi 928 and whilst the handlebars with the flattened section to rest your ands on is nice and purdy it does not help when i try to fit my cateye light and cycle computer cos the bracket does not fit around the flattened out bars .......any solutions anyone?

Give the bike to me, I don't mind about the lights...xx(

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
got-to-get-fit said:
I just bought myself a nice Bianchi 928 and whilst the handlebars with the flattened section to rest your ands on is nice and purdy it does not help when i try to fit my cateye light and cycle computer cos the bracket does not fit around the flattened out bars .......any solutions anyone?
Where are they flattened ? Top ? Bottom ? Both ? Cut 1 or 2 rubber shims (as in the ones that came with your kit), Black insulating tape round them to hold them in place, clamp ya bracket on, bob's your auntie !

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Elmer Fudd said:
Where are they flattened ? Top ? Bottom ? Both ? Cut 1 or 2 rubber shims (as in the ones that came with your kit), Black insulating tape round them to hold them in place, clamp ya bracket on, bob's your auntie !

unfortunatley the handlebars are too big for the brackets ....not too small, the problem is the brackets will not wrap around the bar far enough
to get the screw in. no amount of rubber is gonna make the brackets bigger.

One for you there Finbar......something along the lines of not being able to get a screw in and rubbers not being any good?........cmon son i know you can do something with that.

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Elmer Fudd said:

they are flattened across the top of the bars

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'ts called 'progress'.
All the things you used to have that fitted other things that you no longer have do not fit on the new thing you have that replaced the old thing that everything you had fitted.
It's what makes old men grumpy....

Pass the Mogadon Matron, please....?

What sort of stem have you got?

There is a replacement end cap which has an attached mount for lights. I have one on the Airnimal. Blowed if I can remember the make though.

I've got the same bike. I got my self a new front light a Cateye 410 and fit it on the rounder section close to the stem, ps the ad's wrong it takes 3 of the smaller triple A batteries not the double A's. I believe most cateye computers can be fitted to the stem although I'm using a cheap LIDL one which mounts with elastic bands.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
johnr said:
OR, I bought an 'outsize' cateye light clip from wiggle for a pound or two. Ziptie? This boy owns a Bianchi! Ziptie, indeed, never heard the like.
Agree, You'll be blasting down the road with an ear of corn sticking out the corner of your mouth next !

boleary

I was skeptical when the mechanic in the bike shop fitted a Cateye computer to my bars using zip ties but he said he does the same on all bars with flat tops.

Top Bottom