Dangerous bacteria in your bowels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Forgive me for only watching up to 0:32

Globalti

Legendary Member
Useful information although I won't bother with the theatricals when I stick the tube in....

U

User169

The small intestine is next to your stomach, so pretty acidic which isn't very favorable for bacterial growth.

Oh dear. I never hear about that colloquially, so have only heard it referred by the very medical and not at all disgusting sounding faecal transplant.

Though I gather if you have been suffering from c difficile for years, your threshold of disgust is so lowered you'll arrange to do this with a friend if you can't get a doctor to help.

..... it's a load of cr@p

Literally

I saw something on TV recently about a family who got shipwrecked and survived by giving themselves enemas with the filthy water slopping around in the bottom of the boat,
I that had happened with my family, I suspect I would never be able to look them in the eyes again.
No one was ever daft enough to admit they tried it.
FTFY.

[QUOTE 4794371, member: 9609"]I think I heard there is some trials being done with this for babies that don't come out of women, there is research that is suggesting that these babies immune system does not developed as well or as quickly as babies born normally. Apparently when a baby is born normally it picks up its mothers natural bacteria when it pops out.[/QUOTE]
Um, yeah but no.

1. Caesarean babies still "come out of women" they just don't come out through the vagina daffodil.
  2. The microbes that they are looking to adding to caesarean babies comes from the vaginal canal, not from the colon.
  3. Totally enjoying your Shakespearean riff: "Fear not, Macbeth. No man that's born of woman. Shall e'er have power upon thee" "MacDuff [..] from his mother's womb, untimely ripped"

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
[QUOTE 4794371, member: 9609"]I think I heard there is some trials being done with this for babies that don't come out of women[/QUOTE]
I think I know what you meant but it did make me giggle I'm afraid :giggle:

Caesarean babies still "come out of women" they just don't come out through the vagina.
Might be one of those new fangled test tube ones.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Used to go sea fishing some years ago. National Post Office Champion, 1991, don't you know!

Dug my own bait from the local beach. Big black lugworm known locally as yellow tails because of the iodine they contained. Much more attractive to fish than the Common Lugworm, arenicola marina.

Was all this extra iodine scent in the water the main attraction? Decided to test the idea. Bought some iodine, watered it down, added it to some sawdust on newspaper and added some black lug.

Within 2 hours all the worms were dead!

Moral - what's good on the inside isn't necessarily good on the outside.

Top Bottom