Dangerous driver convicted based on cyclist's headcam footage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

There wasn't though. It was an illegal manoeuvre but it didn't endanger the cyclist is my point.

My point is that if the circumstances had been different it could have done.

Daninplymouth

There wasn't though. It was an illegal manoeuvre but it didn't endanger the cyclist is my point.
Say a child was crossing the rd to the middle island they wouldn’t expect a car to be coming down the wrong side of the rd and the speed he was driving at he wouldn’t have been able to see clearly. Then it’s he either plows through a child or swerves into the cyclist. And he wasn’t jailed for endangering the cyclist more for perverting the course of justice

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Say a child was crossing the rd to the middle island they wouldn’t expect a car to be coming down the wrong side of the rd and the speed he was driving at he wouldn’t have been able to see clearly. Then it’s he either plows through a child or swerves into the cyclist. And he wasn’t jailed for endangering the cyclist more for perverting the course of justice
But there wasn't on this occasion. We could create a thousand potential scenarios which could happen, but didn't.

That is why that manoeuvre is a driving offence though - it carries significant hazard over and above the usual act of driving.

Top Bottom