Dangerous Overtake (2)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesAC

Yesterday RVM (RedVanMan) passes VERY close as he overtakes, then starts to pull over -- he seems not to be aware he's driving one of thoses stretched van things -- I hurl abuse (and am instantly ashamed:blush:, as mothers walking their little children to school stop and stare).

Today, in almost the same place, BVM (BlueVanMan) passes so close that I'm astonished that my bar end hasn't got a blue smudge on it. I am so startled that I haven't time to swear: just a primeaval scream of fear or rage:angry::smile:. I catch this guy up at the traffic lights, and pull alongside his window. I tap, and gesture. I control myself, and gently point out the he has almost killed me, for no gain whatsoever (he's stuck at the red traffic light). He claims that he gave me plenty of room, so I grimly and robustly refuted his claim. The lights turned green, and off I set -- oops .. he's behind me again. He catches me up -- and holds back -- I get to a wider, clearer bit of road, move into a liberal secondary, gesture to him to pass, he trundles gently past me with a "toot toot" !!

A result??:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
JamesAC said:
A result??:smile:

Yes. He's learnt that not all cyclists are timid pushovers. Let's hope the lesson sticks for a while.

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
Thats strange! Works fine for me!

Try going to http://www.iam.org.uk/pressroom/factsheets.htm

and click on facsheet 17/001.

yeah, that works for me... good stuff, although they could perhaps do with a snappier version that fits on one sheet and doesn't look too wordy. A lot of drivers would probably think reading it was too much bother...

Still, a handy thing to carry about. Would be good to number the paragraphs and just be able to say "read number 4!" or whatever.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Arch, most drivers would gladly read it to relieve the boredom of driving...not such a good idea though when they'd be taking their eyes/braincells of concentrating on the roads though. :wacko:

Top Bottom