Darlington group

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
I was passing through the market on my way home this afternoon,and saw a bunch of cyclists chilling in the market square,seemed to be quite a few of them,was it a local club?Any one on here part of it?Its not something iv seen for a long time,maybe due to my working weekends a lot.I was wondering if there is a local group or club nearby?

Blonde

Were they wearing a royal blue jersey with yellow diamonds diagonally across it? Could be VC167.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
I couldnt see any detail,i was on the opposite side of the market driving my car,just a mix of cyclists probably about 8 or ten sat outside the dolphin centre at about fiveish i think it was.

Blonde

Tis less likely to be them than another group actually - dont know if you'd get as many as 8-10 out in one place unless it was an audax... VC167 originally started in Darlington, and are named after the A167, but curently we have about 35 members (oldest aged 60 something, youngest aged 13) spread all over t'North of England. We meet up informally and most often at audax events, as we are primarily an audax-focussed group, although we also have cyclo-crossers, road racers and TT-ers (including 24hr TT) amongst our number. On the social side of things, I organise YH weekends, Xmas meals etc. for the club - usually at a mid-point between all the members locations, (so, usually in North Yorkshire somewhere!) and we generally get about half to two thirds of the club at any one social event.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Thanks Blonde,sounds a great club ,but i havnt been able to figure out what the VC stands for?

Hugo15

Über Member
Would tend to agree with Tom that it would probably be Darlington and Richmond. I have noticed they have been advertising their club runs in Cycling Weekly over the last few weeks.

Top Bottom