darlington`s hell`o the north 2 sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
theloafer

theloafer

Legendary Member
boy this year it felt hard :whistle:... the weather looked bleak at 7-45 spots of rain as i rode into darlo but it turned out nice again had a slight head wind all the way to kirby (55) mile point and was tempted to climb in the broom wagon:ohmy: but rest of the group talked me out of that ^_^ felt loads better after meal break and thought i was ready for the long drag out of brough was a struggle but got up with out walking then dropped down into middleton in teesdale...... more food and tea that just left the last climb to do at eggleston(i hate this bit) then its all down hill back to darlo ...:wahhey: we never broke any records but still all our group made it round rod (78) walter(76) dave(65)loafer(57) and carol back to hole in the wall (club house) for a few well earned :cheers: and taken home by my g/f in the car

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/219150465

Tight Git

Veteran
It was my first ever sportive (aged 52) after not having ridden much till I bought a secondhand Specialized Secteur a year ago. I did a 400 mile 5 day sponsored ride back in May where the longest day was 94 miles with 4600 feet of climbing so I thought I should be okay fitness wise.

Really enjoyed the day, even though it is a tough route, and the run from Egglestone to Darlo is just what you need after 80 miles! It was also my first ride on my new Canyon Ultimate cf SLX 8.0 which performed perfectly. The weather was pretty much perfect too and not as bad as some previous years according to other riders.

Met some really nice people and will be back for more...

www.ridewithgps.com/trips/892770

steve36

Regular
well done!. i was unable to ride it this year but sounds like you had fun:smile:. that climb from brough seems to go on forever :ohmy:

OP
OP
theloafer

theloafer

Legendary Member
It was my first ever sportive (aged 52) after not having ridden much till I bought a secondhand Specialized Secteur a year ago. I did a 400 mile 5 day sponsored ride back in May where the longest day was 94 miles with 4600 feet of climbing so I thought I should be okay fitness wise.

Really enjoyed the day, even though it is a tough route, and the run from Egglestone to Darlo is just what you need after 80 miles! It was also my first ride on my new Canyon Ultimate cf SLX 8.0 which performed perfectly. The weather was pretty much perfect too and not as bad as some previous years according to other riders.

Met some really nice people and will be back for more...

www.ridewithgps.com/trips/892770

^_^ darlo do 4 rides in the year there is a 50-70-85-100 on the first sun of the month,s june-july-aug-sept drop jeff an e-mail get him to put you on his mailing list.....:thumbsup:
jeff.dawson@darlington.gov.uk

larry

Top Bottom