Darwin Award

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joolsybools

Yesterdays Darwin Award goes to the young man who felt the need to wheely for at least 50 metres up the bus lane in Kilburn High Road with a great big double decker behind him (tooting its horn). One slight mistake and he would have been under the bus. Well done mate ;)

Landslide

Rare Migrant
No way! Mad skillz! All you haterz r just jealousz!;)

Woz!

For it to be a proper Darwin Award he needs to have dropped himself out of the gene pool by dying!
If he manages to successfully have kids, then in fact he's increasing the likelyhood of MORE wheelying idiots. Did you notice any women looking at his antics in an admiring way? Could be bad news if they found it attractive behaviour!

(I've been listening to David Attenborough's excellent podcast recently, sorry ;) )

OP
OP
joolsybools

joolsybools

Ok, it's a close one, not quite a Darwin Award but time will tell!

I think its a talent but best practiced elsewhere. No onewas admiring his antics, they were more gobsmacked that someone with such a low IQ could even ride a bike ;)

Crankarm

Guru
Most buses are fitted with cameras so maybe his stupidity has been recorded and could be posted on youtube? Perhaps you can contact Tfl to see if they can arrange release of the footage as a warning?

D4VOW

simon_adams_uk said:
Whilst pulling a wheely in the bus lane is pretty daft, surely the bus should have been a safe distance behind the cyclst in case he fell off?!

S

+1 However since when have bus drivers had the common sense to leave a safe gap to anything;)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Chill out...

joolsybools said:
Ok, it's a close one, not quite a Darwin Award but time will tell!

I think its a talent but best practiced elsewhere. No onewas admiring his antics, they were more gobsmacked that someone with such a low IQ could even ride a bike :biggrin:

I believe this is known as a n "Honourable mention"

The stupidity displayed by the participant stops short of the ultimate sacrifice, but we salute their spirit and innovation.

Bigtwin

simon_adams_uk said:
Whilst pulling a wheely in the bus lane is pretty daft, surely the bus driver, being a human being, should have been at the most a distance of 3" behind the cyclst in case he fell off, to make sure the gene pool was properly protected?!

S

Sorted.

Crankarm said:
Most buses are fitted with cameras so maybe his stupidity has been recorded and could be posted on youtube? Perhaps you can contact Tfl to see if they can arrange release of the footage as a warning?

Are most buses (or just the new ones) fitted with CCTV? I've been noticing the new green bio fuel stagecoach buses on the Cambridge non-guided bus route being driven so much better, no cutting back in when they are half way past me(though still occasional overtaking on solid white lines....above 15-30mph)
I thought they must have had better training....still, what ever it takes!! :smile:

Jake

Why do they do it? i mean whats the reason? are they trying to pull a mate with as low a IQ who thinks its amazing that he can pull a wheelie?

I read that women are meant to becoming more beautiful. Not sure where the article writter hangs out. Think it was Finland!

God dam french tv controller, recorde sat's TdF, but effed up sundays, so missed the final! :rolleyes:

Jake

Seems wheelies are popular. I saw one the other night as i walked towards Angel, then this morning, I saw this guy. I'm not sure if its the same guy or not. Had to get a pic. Likes being back in the 1970s again

Image007.jpg

Top Bottom