Data only SIM card

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think your right.
I've found a good deal with EE with enough data at the right price.
Looks like I'll be transferring my number over to them and using my phone as a hot spot.
If I factor in not paying for my old contract as well as using MiFi on a different SIM ie. just having the one provider, it's actually fairly economic.
Thanks for all the replies. :okay:

It's what we do with our static - use either of our phones as we have large data allowances. Netflix allows profiles, so we have one for the caravan that uses a lower bit rate, saving data, but Disney+ and Amazon don't do that. Our site charges £200 for a wifi extender, but the whole lot is shared by one connection - I'm not convinced it will keep up when the site is busy.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We had trouble with EE over the last couple of years at the static - despite full 4G, data was really slow, but it worked fine on my Voda contract - we ditched the Mifi over a year ago when MrsF renewed her contract, then said, hang on, XX is doing 100GB a month.... switched. Then when my Voda came up I got 60GB.

Using the 'caravan' profile on Netflix saves a huge amount of data for us. A normal movie will be 4ish GB ! Lower rate, less than 1.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm moving my sim from Three to Vodafone tomorrow, £8 per month unlimited texts & minutes with 9Gb data, in the last 12 months we've tried Plusnet (EE) & Three, but reception is horrific, unless we're upstairs in the front bedroom & only then if the phone is not in your pocket. With Three I've been known to have to wait 20 seconds after pressing the send button before it actually picks up a circuit to dial out.
Don't happen to know the name of this package do you.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I had a slight change of plan.
I received the EE SIM card and read the bumph. I also had a GiffGaff SIM that came with the MiFi. The GiffGaff deal looked better than the EE one. This was getting confusing, so I called my current provider - Talk Mobile - and asked what they could do for me.
I got 100gb data (20gb more than both of the others for the same price), unlimited texts and calls for £20 a month. Can change the plan at any time.
I've been with them for about 5 years now and haven't had any problems.
Suppose I should have done that in the first place. :wacko:

Top Bottom