Data only SIM for iPad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Any recommendations for a data only SIM for a tablet. Don't need masses of data, up to 5gb should suffice. As cost effective as possible

Thanks in advance :okay:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Do you own an iPhone?

You could tether the devices and use the data from your mobile plan.

Mile195

Veteran
I'm on three. it's an absolutely terrible network for the most part, but it is extremely cost effective which is why I'm still on it. I pay £10 a month on my phone for 8Gb, unlimited minutes and unlimited texts. They do data sim-only plans for even less. I've really been unable to find anything cheaper. I was on Virgin on my iPad for a while, but they put their sim-only data plans up by quite alot half way through my contract.
I should say that on Three, the coverage was always just fine. In fact internet service isn't too bad. It just happens to drop calls all the time, or I get "call-failed" messages over and over. however, since you only want it for data, you might find you're alright with it.

The other benefit is you can use your allowances not just in europe, but a number of non-european countries too which was quite a draw for me - I used to work away quite alot.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'm probably showing my ignorance now, but seeing as SIM only deals for phones are much cheaper than SIM only data plans, can someone just use a phone SIM in an iPad? For example, I get 8GB data with my phone plan for £13/month. Lots of the data plans are £14 for 5GB (and obviously no minutes). Theoretically, could the OP get a phone plan SIM and stick it in the iPad and just use the data?

D

Deleted member 26715

Any recommendations for a data only SIM for a tablet. Don't need masses of data, up to 5gb should suffice. As cost effective as possible
Is there a specific place where you expect to use it? If there is then it might be worth seeing who is the best in the area, other than that I have a friend who swears by Three. But as @Electric_Andy asks you might be better just getting a call/text/data sim & put it in the tablet as it might be the cheapest, I'm currently on Plusnet £6.30 a month, 500 minutes, unlimited texts & 4 Gb data, it piggybacks on EE so most of the time it's okay.

D

Deleted member 26715

Do EE do a family bundle where you can have more than 1 sim on an account, is it EE that Bacon advertises, if so they advertise something about gifting data, so can you have their cheapest sim & gift some of your 25Gb to it?

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Do EE do a family bundle where you can have more than 1 sim on an account, is it EE that Bacon advertises, if so they advertise something about gifting data, so can you have their cheapest sim & gift some of your 25Gb to it?
Yep maybe. I’ll need to look into it

This company does 6gb for £10
https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans

It might be cheaper if needed to up my EE allowance and tether. Indeed they might be offering 50gb for a fiver more than my 25gb

I also have Virgin and Sky accounts who might have something mobile wise

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Have you looked at GiffGaff? You can change the amount of data etc every month, if you want, and no contract...
They piggy back on the O2 network.

classic33

Leg End Member
Vodafone, 5GB at £15, 10GB at £20. 30 day rolling contract.

EE, £13.75 for 5GB and MyFi device. £21 to add the 5GB to the account(Doesn't sound right).

Top Bottom