Daughters first bike packing trip: essentials to take ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
No worries and for sure we are very easy going about it. With 4 children and half a farm to run the kids have to make do and get on with things and she’ll be fine no matter what she takes with her, fully agree.

It was more about the fact that whilst we all camp and we all ride, no of us has ever combined those 2 wonderful things together and i wondered what blindingly obvious things we’d forget vs the teachers list of bike, sleeping bag and a torch…

All this talk is however giving me an appetite to fill my panniers and get out there for a few days on a bike though👍🏻

Gillstay

Über Member
What ever she takes make sure she is comfortable in it. Shoes, shirts, what ever. Dont want to find on the first day the one important item rubs or annoys.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I think the suggestion of a rucksack, the mileage and planned accommodation implies the teacher has thought about repairs etc along the route however as others have suggested, wouldn't hurt for her to be a little more self reliant. I think panniers or a backloader/handlebar bag would suffice.
Nothing really to add, agree with other posts about kit and kids are more resilient than us adults when it comes to weather and comfort etc.
What an amazing thing she is going to experience!

cwskas

Über Member
what blindingly obvious things we’d forget

It still surprises me what 'blindly obvious' things I sometimes forget on a daily outing! Yesterday I changed for riding with grands after many errands in town and discovered I forgot a jersey. Better than the time I road in street shoes because I forgot the cleats. But . . . I am a bit older than 13!

Top Bottom