Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
Yes but Joe you are very fast and I am very slow, it would take me a long time to get round. Waiting to see the dates of a few other things first before I plan the season completely.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Dave is still worried that more than 5% of the entrants might complete the event so he is arranging for SAS snipers to take up strategic positions on the climbs with orders to take out the weaker climbers.

Descending skills will be tested by the release of flocks of amphetamine-crazed sheep onto the downhill sections of the route.

If too many riders manage to limp in to the final feed-station, 90% of the gels available will be removed and replaced with identical-looking tubes of degreaser.

The surviving 4 riders who get to the end 3 hours after sunset will be greeted by a very impatient mister Lloyd, hopping from one foot to the other, shouting "What the 'eck kept yer, we've been waiting hours. Don't hang about, we want to pack up and go home!" :wacko::ohmy:

ColinJ

To comply with the UK's Equality and Diversity legislation, a minimum rider weight of 100 kgs (15 stone 10 pounds for imperialists) will be enforced. Anyone weighing less than that will have to carry ballast to bring them up to that weight. This is to ensure that slim riders do not have an unfair advantage over riders of a stouter build.

Jonathan M

ColinJ said:
To comply with the UK's Equality and Diversity legislation, a minimum rider weight of 100 kgs (15 stone 10 pounds for imperialists) will be enforced. Anyone weighing less than that will have to carry ballast to bring them up to that weight. This is to ensure that slim riders do not have an unfair advantage over riders of a stouter build.

Bugger, then I shan't bother trying to loose anymore weight, seeing as I'm at the limit now. ;)

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
Last year there were several age categories for men, and one for ladies of all ages. With different time bands for medals etc
Guessing it will be the same again.

ColinJ

trio25 said:
So will I only have to weigh say 13stone then?
Er, I was only joking about the weight limits and snipers...

The degreaser-substituted-for-gels thing actually did happen on the Dragon Ride in 2007. The degreaser was in each freebie bag at the finish, but the degreaser sachets looked identical to gel sachets and a few knackered riders ended up swallowing degreaser :wahhey:!

Any experienced UK cyclist will already know about the dangers of (apparently) amphetamine-crazed sheep leaping out on descents :biggrin:.

trio25

Über Member
How boring, I thought the snipers sounded fun ;)

Top Bottom