David Millar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
Did Millar ever explain how he got into using the drugs? Did he independently seek out a dealer /doctor/pusher, was he approached, or was he advised by someone (maybe close to the team?) to use??

sloe

He was interviewd on the radio - the Stark Talk possibly - on Radio Scotland some weeks ago.

He was in a race, suffering, losing, one evening a pair of senior riders, came into his room, said he owed it to the team. Took the treatment, performed better.

Is what he said.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Good result for David. I like the guy. This will mean we get the English Jersey in the tour next year*, which is good enough for me!

*that is of course if Slipstream get anywhere near a tour place :rolleyes:

MichaelM

Guru
sloe said:
He was interviewd on the radio - the Stark Talk possibly - on Radio Scotland some weeks ago.

He was in a race, suffering, losing, one evening a pair of senior riders, came into his room, said he owed it to the team. Took the treatment, performed better.

Is what he said.

I take it that means team riders (I think he was Cofidis ay the time?). So that would have been 3 of the same team then - was that it? Or were there more of the team using? Who was the supplier? Did the management know?

It's all very well him saying that he made a mistake and that he's served his ban, but if he really wants cycling to be clean he should have brought everyone down that he possibly could have.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
MichaelM said:
It's all very well him saying that he made a mistake and that he's served his ban, but if he really wants cycling to be clean he should have brought everyone down that he possibly could have.

Quite right. A serious bout of bloodletting is required to sort this mess out. With a simultaneous amnesty for past offences and a new climate of zero tolerance.

Tetedelacourse

I don't really like him and I think it's a combination of things. Firstly it has nothing to do with his doping - I believe his second chance is justified as he served his ban. I do take the point though that he could have done more to expose the extent of it, and it does smack a bit of hypocrisy to hear him going on about cheating when he could have done more. Added to the fact he confessed after syringes were found in his apartment, not before.

As a person he seems quite arrogant. Less so now than before 2005 but still a bit. I think part of my problem is also to do with the commentating - they bump him up so much that you can only be disappointed when he doesn't win.

Certainly I don't hate the bloke, just not my cup of tea.

skwerl

zimzum42 said:
I do, thanks.

that's not her in your sig pic is it?

abchandler

Winning your national championships seems a hell of a lot of effort just to avoid wearing the orange and blue argyle next year

Top Bottom