David O'Doherty's bike in channel 4 cycling programme.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
I watched the David O'Doherty cycling programme on channel 4 last week, I'm guessing that maybe he was riding a 1989 Club frame, they were only available as frames.

This was episode 1 with David O'Doherty and actor Richard Ayoade.

What do you think he was riding?

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/along-for-the-ride-with-david-odoherty

raleigh-club-frame-png.png

0_david-od-the-ride-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

sheddy

Legendary Member
Thread already running.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
He’s also got pannier bags, seat pack and a handlebar canister bag from Restrap, quality products made in Yorkshire. I’ve just ordered one of their Canister bags.

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
Thread already running.
This thread is about trying to name David O'Doherty's vintage bike used in the programme.

I initially thought it was a 1989 Raleigh Road Ace or even even a Raleigh Sirocco, but I now think it's a 1989 Raleigh Club frame.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I expect the geometry will be exactly the same as the equivalent quality fully built up bike of the same genre. Very much doubt Raleigh will have produced different specs for frameset-only sales, other than SBDU made-to-measure special orders.
Smart looking machine all the same,irrespective of it's origins.

I was trying to make out what make of bike it was as well. I could only see the head badge briefly and I thought that from what bits I could see looked a bit like a Raleigh . The colour scheme also seemed to ring a bell with a Raleigh but I couldn't find any examples of it .

Top Bottom