Dawes discovery trail hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You can't expect too much for the price, suspect it may be rather heavy and slow. Don't really understand your comment about the location of your job stopping you from using the road bike. Or is the bike unsuitable for some reason?

OP
OP
N

Nicola10

I work for community home support and a lot of the times I cycle on uneven small roads and canal paths as this is the quickest way for me to get around, my road bike simply isn't suitable for any terrain other than road, that's why I thought about a hybrid, this one is only 12kg which isn't too bad, I was just seeing if anyone had one and could advise if it was ok

ScotiaLass

Guru
I bought the Dawes Mojave ladies hybrid.
Lovely bike! I'm still getting used to the different riding position compared with my MTB, but it is a nice quality bike for the money.

MarkF

Guru
+1

I rode a Discovery 201 for about 15 years - loved it. Did everything I wanted - and practically indestructible. Handled the kind of route you're describing really well - aye, and worse!

Agree, I started cycling again on a 201 and it was tough old thing, if it hadn't have been stolen I'd still be riding it. I've had Discoveries for over a decade, 201, 301, 401, 501, not one thing has gone wrong, no component has ever failed. Dawes make some good (but unfashionable) cheap bikes.

OP
OP
N

Nicola10

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to buy it, for £200 it seems pretty good value. Don't want to spend a lot as I have my road bike for leisure rides.

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to buy it, for £200 it seems pretty good value. Don't want to spend a lot as I have my road bike for leisure rides.
Ah - the Dawes for the commute, the shopping, the towpaths and bridleways, hauling kids on trailers, doing the Marin Trail (yup - I did it!), 200-250 mile tours (fully laden, with stuff for me and 3 kids, ALL on my bike), gently exploring the country side, ............... and you still want leisure rides? :tongue:

Enjoy!

Top Bottom