Dawes Galaxy Touring bike

Discussion in 'Vintage and Classic Bikes' started by Flyer19, 10 Sep 2019.

1. Flyer19

Flyer19 New Member

Hi After some help, I have a Dawes Galaxy classic touring bike that I am looking to sell. It’s a Reynolds 531 frame which I believe is a 64cm frame. I have had a look on eBay but prices range dramatically, what would be a realistic price to put this up for?
    Thks

2. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

@Cycleops

@Flyer19 that's a decent size frame and that can reduce it's appeal

Pictures would help as so many variations of a theme from different era's

But a ball park figure could be £150 - 300 depending on the above in these depressed steel market also where are you based ?

raleighnut and Cycleops like this.
  3. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

I bought a Dawes Super Galaxy ‘93 for my step daughter for £100 and spent at least another £100 doing it up. It has been round the NL twice. I wouldn’t imagine I’d get more than £150-£180 for it. Maybe she’ll use it for uni one day.

4. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

A lot depends on condition.

midlife likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Flyer19

Flyer19 New Member

Thanks for your reply, based in Hockley Essex
    Have attached a photo

Attached Files:

biggs682 and raleighnut like this.
  6. rogerzilla

rogerzilla Guru

I paid £60 for something similar last year on fleaBay, medium size. Less than £100, certainly. A refinish could cost £400 with decals and chrome.

7. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

That doesn't look like a 26" frame , still a nice bike in the whole just needs re commission work

8. midlife

midlife Guru

That's a demi course Galaxy for light touring. It has no brazed on rack mounts, cantilever brakes or multiple mudguard eyes for guards plus racks. No bottle braze ons either. A sort of Raleigh Corsair type of thing. Chrome and paint looks good and should be easily sorted to ride. £100 or thereabouts as it's in good nick :smile:

uphillstruggler and raleighnut like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice