Dawes Galaxy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Crackle said:
If you're lucky :rolleyes:

Didn't notice you'd ordered one. Don't mess around you do yeah. Bumf! Straight in and buy it. Good bike. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Well you know, once I've made up my mind!

I've kind of taken it for a spin - had to go to Dentist and visit God children - they have started crawling everywhere, the little terrors! So it was quite literally round the block.

I'll probably need some help adjusting the handlebars I think, I have put the seat as far forward as it'll go and tilted the handlebars quite far back as I didn't feel comfortable with the seat in the middle and the handlebars straight looking. This way is is much better, but somebody will probably tell me I've set it up completely wrong!

I'll start a thread in the photo gallery soon with some piccies and my thoughts on it once I've had a good ride on it.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Wow is all I can say. First commute into work this morning on the Ultra Galaxy. I usually do it in just under 17mins. Today it was 14mins 49 seconds, with an average speed of 15.9mph and a top speed of 40mph!!!!!!!!!!! My average speed will probably drop on the way home as it is all up hill though, but it should still be higher than normal.

The bike racks at work were near enough full when I got in though which kind of distressed me somewhat (not literally, of course). They are a combination of the butterfly type, and the ones that lift up and have a butterfly at the top (have I lost you yet?) I couldn't do the butterfly type as the mudguard was too long (I always reverse my bike in), so I had to use the top one. Worried now incase somebody bangs it. Sad aren't I!

Top Bottom