Dawes Galaxy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
daisyj

daisyj

Über Member
Zefal or similar half toe clips might suit you as well.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
As well as the Brooks and bar tape I'd change the all the control cables, brakes and gears. If you don't want to buy a cable cutter just coil the cable ends. Grease them unless they are the coated type.
Reynolds 531 main tubes and fork as well I see :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
daisyj

daisyj

Über Member
As well as the Brooks and bar tape I'd change the all the control cables, brakes and gears. If you don't want to buy a cable cutter just coil the cable ends. Grease them unless they are the coated type.

Thanks, I will do :smile:

Excellent bike there!

The Galaxy used to nearly be the universal cycling club bike and they've been in pretty much every sphere of enthusiast cycling. And you have the mixte frame as well, which is a bit of a rarity and much harder to find new. There are very few decent quality mixte frames these days which is a shame.

I note it also has 700c wheels so no issues with tyres. Perfect!

OP
OP
daisyj

daisyj

Über Member
Excellent bike there!

The Galaxy used to nearly be the universal cycling club bike and they've been in pretty much every sphere of enthusiast cycling. And you have the mixte frame as well, which is a bit of a rarity and much harder to find new. There are very few decent quality mixte frames these days which is a shame.

I note it also has 700c wheels so no issues with tyres. Perfect!

I am delighted with it and am looking forward to many beautiful miles.

I'm really pleased 😄.

I am delighted with it and am looking forward to many beautiful miles.

Very happy to see you so happy!

That's a lovely bike!

Years of pleasure ahead of you.
What he said!

If you find enthusiasm flagging over the long, winter nights you might want to have a look at CrazyGuyOnABike where people post journals of their bike trips for some inspiration. (Just don't wander into the forums there) This link will bring you to solo women on tour.

Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
daisyj

daisyj

Über Member
Very happy to see you so happy!

What he said!

If you find enthusiasm flagging over the long, winter nights you might want to have a look at CrazyGuyOnABike where people post journals of their bike trips for some inspiration. (Just don't wander into the forums there) This link will bring you to solo women on tour.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out :smile:

Gillstay

Über Member

I find the silicon lubricant are much better than grease as I think the grease makes some of the inner sheaths of the cables swell. :okay:

Top Bottom