Dawes Realmrider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
Its a tough call I know & I hate doing it to an original bike but vintage parts have to come from a vintage bike- either mine or from someone else's on eBay ...as you say at least I'm not being mercenary.... I've always failed to make any money out of my hobby lol !

Its a tough call I know & I hate doing it to an original bike but vintage parts have to come from a vintage bike- either mine or from someone else's on eBay ...as you say at least I'm not being mercenary.... I've always failed to make any money out of my hobby lol !
I won't lie, the number of orphaned frames out there is a bit alarming, when you see a really nice, maybe quite rare frame it's depressing when the rest of the bike is for sale underneath! But I'm also a realist and like you say, bits have gotta come from somewhere.
@Illaveago I've also got a [falcon] donor frame that I feel sorry for and keep thinking it looks ok. And then there's the O'Brien international that I only bought for the wheels and wheelnuts (cute Aladdin's lamp style), because everything else on it is so nasty, and I even feel sorry for that pile of sh....ugar!

Top Bottom