Dawes Super Galaxy - SOLD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Any interest in my daughter's Super Galaxy?

I bought this a few years ago for my daughter from an old fellow who had bought it to do one ride, LEJOG. She used for a Vancouver - San Diego tour, and then Swiss/French border to Brittany, plus a few shorter trips and a bit of commuting, so not a huge amount of miles. She christened it the 'Tank". It's been in store for 3 years and she's now much more into adventure riding and bike packing, so I doubt it'll get used by her again. Not certain of size, probably a small, she's 5'6" tall.

Some changes from standard to make it a better fit for her - she struggled with Shimano Tiagra 'brifters', so we fitted short reach Cane Creek brake levers and bar end shifters. It's lost it's mudguards somewhere along the line. Fitted with Tortec rack. The Schwalbe Marathon tyres, ok for now but you'd want to change if off on a big ride.

In reasonable condition. Everything works but some scratches on paintwork and I've noticed a very small dent on the 'E" in Dawes on the drive side downtube. Wheels are true but the rear hub sounds dry and could do with a strip and re-grease.

Currently located near Lyme Regis but could be in Bristol or Exeter for viewing.

Need to think of a price but it won't be outrageous. Anyone?

IMG_4286.JPG

Gunk

Guru
853 frame, in that condition about £150, shame it’s a bit small, I would have taken it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Still good value .
Just out of interest how high are the bars from the ground please ?
Just tried sending you a message but it won't allow

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
Still good value .
Just out of interest how high are the bars from the ground please ?
Just tried sending you a message but it won't allow

Give me an hour and I’ll measure up. It’s my birthday today, a very big one, and I’m slightly distracted.

At one time my daughter had the stem inverted to get the bars higher.

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
No problems and happy birthday

Bar height is 94cm and BB to saddle top is 68cm. Daughter has shortish legs, long body, 5’6” tall

Top Bottom