Dawn of the Dumbos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
5 times this morning on my ride into work I had to hammer on the brakes and make an emergency stop. 5 times..! What the hell is wrong with some people. I know for a fact I aint invisible - bright yellow Homer jersey, garish yellow gloves and ankle bands, plus I had me exposure lights on.

Yet as I navigated around Woolston RAB to get onto the bridge, my arm outstretched so people can see where I'm going I become acutly aware that the car travelling to my left isnt going to stop at the line. I had to hammer on the brakes and shout "ARE YOU LOOKING!" as they shot in front of me leaving half a foot of space.

As I begin pedalling up to the next junction a Tipper truck (who are usually fine around here tbh) who'd been waiting a the line shot forward making me think "OH CHRIST! THIS IS IT!" I swerved and thankfully he saw me in time.

Those were the worst two. Bit of warm weather and peoples' IQs drop about 50%. Muppets.:blush:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Mondays mornings are always sh1te.

I think many folk as still p1ssed from the weekend. I had a few less than perfect moments where people made bad decisions. Nothing as life-endangering as yours though.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Moodyman said:
Mondays mornings are always sh1te.

I think many folk as still p1ssed from the weekend. I had a few less than perfect moments where people made bad decisions. Nothing as life-endangering as yours though.

Well whatever their state of mind, screw them. I'm getting armed up with water bombs and will lug at will. :blush:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've had a spate of motorists who seem to think, "if I don't look at him, he's not really there", especially on some of the local mini-RABs.

Sorry I went into BentMikey mode for a minute.xx(

Seriously ...today was a good commute even with (inexperienced?) cyclists...peds a bit more suicidal than usual.....Must cross at any cost.

downfader said:
- bright yellow Homer jersey, .
I thought he usually wore a white one :blush: xx(

HomerSimpson.gif

Sorry I'll get my coat.

Despite having a different (more major) road to ride this morning due to a first aid course, everyone seemed patient and for a change, not in a hurry to get to work.
I am sure my time will come later this week...

Tynan

Veteran
some very unaware riders out today

and I very very nearly came unstuck passing a slightly suspicious 'not moved away yet' black cab stationary in the centre of three lanes, he was showing a right singal i fairness to him but as I passed him on the outside he started a sudden very tight U turn, in fairness I think he saw me and barked hard but none the less I managed to move the bike far futher to the right far quicker than I'd have thought possible

and still had time to let out a shreik

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
hackbike 666 said:
Obviously you are cycling to fast for the conditions and are a danger to other road users.:biggrin:

Haha!! Was knackered y the time the dumbos came out to play as I'd done about 8 or 9 miles :laugh:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
downfader said:
As I begin pedalling up to the next junction a Tipper truck (who are usually fine around here tbh) who'd been waiting a the line shot forward making me think "OH CHRIST! THIS IS IT!" I swerved and thankfully he saw me in time.

dont know how to spell that wincing noise you make when you see something really painful, but I made it plenty when I read this.

that could have been really bad, I'm just glad you know how to ride.

pheweee

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
jonny jeez said:
dont know how to spell that wincing noise you make when you see something really painful, but I made it plenty when I read this.

that could have been really bad, I'm just glad you know how to ride.

pheweee

I'd rather have a kick in the balls than have to evade people like that tbh. Today was a lot better! A few great drivers, and a cool motorbiker who held back when I was turning

downfader said:
Haha!! Was knackered y the time the dumbos came out to play as I'd done about 8 or 9 miles :wacko:

:wacko:

Actually I must have been tired (at the start) on the PM return as I wasn't as patient and I can't actually believe there are slower cyclons than me.Recovered more at the end of the ride....I think sitting around all day is a terrible negative effect for me.Waterloo Bridge is like Mount Everest sometimes.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
hackbike 666 said:
:wacko:

Actually I must have been tired (at the start) on the PM return as I wasn't as patient and I can't actually believe there are slower cyclons than me.Recovered more at the end of the ride....I think sitting around all day is a terrible negative effect for me.Waterloo Bridge is like Mount Everest sometimes.

Wish my job was like that sometimes. I run around like a blue a*** fly in my job. Pretty physical. Often wonder how many miles I could chip in if I didnt graft or work, LOL!

Top Bottom