daytona ladies road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As bought from @DCLane for mrs roadrash, in november last year for the princely sum of £10 ... she has now decided she wants a sit up and beg with a basket etc...

(1) SOLD Daytona ladies road bike, £10 - Dewsbury, West Yorkshire | CycleChat Cycling Forum

it sat in the shed due to ill health untill a couple of weeks ago, over a couple of days it has been thoroughly cleaned all chrome polished etc , new inner tubes, all cables are now re fitted ,( i took the photos before fitting them )

here is the description from the original sales thread..
The seatpost moves and is probably at my 5' 8" height so I'm guessing it's for about 5' 2" - 5' 6" in reality.
  • Everything works, wheels are pretty true with 'suicide' levers.
  • 5 speed Shimano with a Sachs Huret rear derailleur.
  • 26 x 1 3/8 wheels with cracked tyres and Woods tubes. I would recommend new tyres.
  • Chain has two stuck links which are currently soaking.
  • Rear mudguard is fine and shiny, front mudguard has a dent on the rear which should press out.
  • Frame / components / wheels have light surface rust marks which have come off where I've cleaned them.
Date-wise the only thing I can find is a small '86' sticker on the rear wheel which would make it 1986 and about right with the components. No makers marks or anything.

the two stiff links are now free and chain works fine
inner tubes replaced with schrader
the dent in mudguard has indeed mostly pressed out
presently has no bar tape

the original rack is available but does have rust or i have a pletcher one if you prefer

to be collected from wigan.
I will drive half an hour to meet up if it helps with a sale
price is what it owes me .... £20

Any questions just ask.

Attachments

• BIKE1.jpg
    BIKE1.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 20
  • BIKE2.jpg
    BIKE2.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 21
  • BIKE3.jpg