De Quervain tenosynovitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
this is a new one for me, the sheath around the tendons tat go from the wrist into thumb becomes inflamed, only hurts in certain movements .
treatment is the usual rest ice and splint to immobilize the thumb
work will be interesting tonight as im not sure what i can do but will it a go.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
About 12 years ago I had an op to remove a giant cell tumour in the tendon sheath of my LH ring finger (proximal knuckle joint). I had gone back to the Pulvertaft Hand Centre at Royal Derby Hospital (which is headed by a cyclist, Chris Bainbridge) about 6 years ago with a similar swelling in my LH middle finger, and was advised not to have surgery as it wasn't significantly impacting on my hand function. In the last few months, I've developed further swelling in my RH ring finger and pinkie, which are now making gripping with my right hand painful, especially in cold weather.

I hope that your treatment resolves your symptoms for you!

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

About 12 years ago I had an op to remove a giant cell tumour in the tendon sheath of my LH ring finger (proximal knuckle joint). I had gone back to the Pulvertaft Hand Centre at Royal Derby Hospital (which is headed by a cyclist, Chris Bainbridge) about 6 years ago with a similar swelling in my LH middle finger, and was advised not to have surgery as it wasn't significantly impacting on my hand function. In the last few months, I've developed further swelling in my RH ring finger and pinkie, which are now making gripping with my right hand painful, especially in cold weather.

I hope that your treatment resolves your symptoms for you!

the base of my right thumb already has some arthritis and swollen , it plays up from time to time and i just use ibuprofen gel .Physio thinks at my last flare up i was trying to protect it holding stuff wrongly and caused the issue .
And thanks 👍

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve just about recovered from the most recent dose. Physio seen as it got progressively worse over several months. She did a lots of massage around my forearm. I didn’t use a splint as too awkward for work (typing).
I use the extra strength 2.32% voltaren gel

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

This is calming down but the arthritis in the thumb joint is not getting any better so works physio have sent a referral to the consultant at nuffield health to get them to have a look at it .I have to use my fist to get off the floor on that hand as it cant support weight on the joint so press ups are out of the question too ;)

Top Bottom