De Tour and Vuelta double ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
OK we all know that the last time the Tour and Vuelta was won in the same year by the same cyclist was in 1978

My question is how many times since 78 has the winner of the De Tour also competed in the Vuelta ?

S-Express

Detour?

Le Tour...

KneesUp

Guru
TDF Winners.png

TdF winners and their positions in the other two grand tours. A "-" means they didn't enter. Years where the TdF winner didn't enter either the Giro or the Vuelta are not shown.

KneesUp

Guru
View attachment 372916
TdF winners and their positions in the other two grand tours. A "-" means they didn't enter. Years where the TdF winner didn't enter either the Giro or the Vuelta are not shown.
2009 is wrong - Contador won the Giro (and the Vuelta) in 2008.

Tin Pot

Guru
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-someday-i-will-have-to-target-the-giro-ditalia/

...in a press conference late on Sunday evening after he had won the Vuelta what his next challenge will be, Froome said, "Obviously it's very early to say, and of course the Giro has come up in question a few times. I'm not going to say no, I'm going to have an open mind about next season, and over the winter I'll come up with a plan for next year, but one year I'm going to have to target the Giro d'Italia."

Top Bottom