Dead cat's still there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Enough, leave accy alone. No point flogging a dead cat. I mean horse.

What an idyllic vision you all are sharing: the rotting corpses of domestic pets writhing with maggots along the busy thoroughfares of our cities and towns, and the countryside hosting the (presumably naked) bodies of their former owners stacking up on the hedgerows. And, with 1,600 deaths a day, they will start to stack up.

If anyone does want their body to rot in the open air, providing a home to all sorts of carrion eaters, you have two choices
  1. Get murdered
  2. Fingers crossed that you live long enough for the planned UK body farm to be accepting donations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Levo-Lon

Guru
What an idyllic vision you all are sharing: the rotting corpses of domestic pets writhing with maggots along the busy thoroughfares of our cities and towns, and the countryside hosting the (presumably naked) bodies of their former owners stacking up on the hedgerows. And, with 1,600 deaths a day, they will start to stack up.

If anyone does want their body to rot in the open air, providing a home to all sorts of carrion eaters, you have two choices
  1. Get murdered
  2. Fingers crossed that you live long enough for the planned UK body farm to be accepting donations.

View: https://youtu.be/8wDJINtov6U

sometimes my dear...

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
It may not be all bad news... Perhaps it's Mr Schrodinger's feline.

View attachment 415544
s-l640.png

classic33

Leg End Member

1. Get murdered
    [*]Fingers crossed that you live long enough for the planned UK body farm to be accepting donations.

View: https://youtu.be/8wDJINtov6U

Volunteers Required

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The cat has been removed,you'll all be pleased to know.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I grew up in a veterinary household in the days when people were not too fussed about the bodies of their dead pets. Once a week, a mysterious truck would come to collect the bodies. I imagined that they were going to be turned into animal glue, but maybe I was wrong.

Genau

[QUOTE 5286202, member: 9609"]no , but many birds take carrion, most birds of prey, most Gull, and most Corvids do, and then the carrion is a great producer of insects which in turn are a very important source of food for huge amounts of birds, in fact it is the collapse in insect populations that has many species of birds heading towards extinction. (but that is mainly through intensive farming rather than removing road kill)

I see a huge amount of road kill when I'm out cycling, I reckon at this time of the year it probably takes less than a month before something as big as a badger has mostly been absorbed back into the enviroment - it is a much more sustainable method than the environmentally incineration or land fill. I would be happy to be just left in a hedgerow but I doubt my family would be too happy.[/QUOTE]

I saw a Gull (no idea what variety) eyeing up a squashed hedgehog on the Hammersmith-Kensington border just this week. The bird didn’t seem entirely sure about its breakfast choice.

I was more surprised to see a hedgehog somewhere so urban.

Top Bottom