Deal or no deal?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Mike5537, 12 Jul 2012.

1. Mike5537

Mike5537 Active Member

Hi all.

I've been scouring the lbs and the net trying to find a god deal for a new bike, I've looked at Ribble, Trek, Boardmans etc. I've just come from another lbs who have offered me a new Scott S55, with pedals and shoes and fitting on the bike for £789. What do you think of that, should I snap his hand off our can I do better? Cheers :smile:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Hmm. Pedals & shoes could add extra, but the cheapest I've found it is for £560 :
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m7b8s6p3202&rs=gb&vid=11339

It's the old 8-speed Sora system if I'm correct, which is the same as the new Shimano 2300.

Not the best value IMHO. They'd have to be really good pedals & shoes!

3. OP
    OP
    Mike5537

Mike5537 Active Member

Nice find, I'll see if my lbs will price match, I do like the Scott bikes. Do you think its an ok price from the website you found?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

4. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

5. Nearly there

Nearly there Über Member

You could buy the bike from pauls cycles get some good shoes and pedals and still save cash.

6. cyberknight

cyberknight As long as I breathe, I attack.

get a sora equipped bike from decathlon for less than £500 , theLBS will have more overheads but hes taking you for a ride.

7. Garz

Garz Squat Member

Lets be reasonable they have to make some trade, however I would try haggle them with the info you have got and drum it below the £700 mark.

The fit alone is beneficial and being able to try on the shoes is better than trial & error from online order. If they wont budge then say you will have a think about it and continue looking for a better deal! ^_^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice