Dealing with Currys (electrical store)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
So, I purchased a Rexel paper shredder. At 30 quid it was the same price as Amazon.
It wasn't up to the job and packed in.....so I took it back to exchange for a dearer model. Absolutely no problems. This one, on Friday was 44 quid but had now dropped to 40.
10 out of 10 for customer service.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You killed it then, time for a bonfire !:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
So, I purchased a Rexel paper shredder. At 30 quid it was the same price as Amazon.
It wasn't up to the job and packed in.....so I took it back to exchange for a dearer model. Absolutely no problems. This one, on Friday was 44 quid but had now dropped to 40.
10 out of 10 for customer service.
What'd you get with the £4 they gave you back?

grldtnr

Does onions a treat, though!!

Yeeaaaahhhhh!!! Right ! and never a dry eye in the house!

Chris S

Legendary Member
Curry's sold me a 'return' as a new laptop. After I had it for about a year I got a new pair of glasses and noticed that the Enter key by the number pad was worn. I don't think I'd ever used it.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I love CcC.

Do you use your own recipe?

Yep, my own recipe with the basics learned from MrsD. TBH it tends to change slightly each time. This one had
Garlic cloves (I use 3)
Hot chilli flakes
Paprika
Cumin
Origano
Beef oxo
Canned toms plus puree
Plus all the usual stuff.

grldtnr

I deal with Currys' ,the electrical retailer, as little as possible, in the past I have had always needed to use 'Customer services' a misnomer if ever there was.
To be honest, they are not the best electrical home retailers, fortunately living where I do there are plenty of others to choose from, and smaller family retailers can & do beat them on price & services.
Currys' are overcooked, if you pardon the expression!

presta

Guru
Back in the '80s Currys Mastercare kept our TV for several months on repair, then returned it with a scratched screen. At about that time, my boss said he'd had the same experience with his video, until he finally managed to get them to fix it by giving their service manager a guided tour of our labs to butter him up. More recently (2009), Currys 'Tech Guys' replaced one circuit board a week for a month on my current TV, before giving up and replacing it under guarantee.

Top Bottom