Dean Sullivan RIP (Actor)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dean Sullivan: Brookside actor dies aged 68

> Actor Dean Sullivan has died at the age of 68, his family has confirmed.
> Sullivan was best known for his portrayal of Jimmy Corkhill in the Channel 4 soap Brookside between 1986 and 2003.
> The actor had been diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2018.
> In a statement, Sullivan's family said they were announcing with "deep sadness" that the actor "passed away peacefully following a short illness".
> "Dean is best remembered as the longest serving cast member of Channel 4's groundbreaking Brookside playing the role of Jimmy Corkhill, making Dean a British > > soap icon.
> "To millions he was and very much still is remembered as 'Jimmy', to family and friends he was 'Dino'."
> It continued: "Dean's family wants to thank Arrowe Park Hospital for their unwavering and consistent support."
> "We ask that you respect their privacy in their time of grief."

Brookside was one of the first soaps I watched a lot of, a little because my mum used to watch it but mostly because (during the 90s) it had a series of ever increasingly outlandish plots that were perfect gossip fodder - sieges, disease lockdowns (covid before covid lol) and of course the infamous body under the patio.

You can watch Brookside again BTW Its on STV Player right from epidode 1.

Drago

Legendary Member
Jimmy Corkhill, dead! :cry:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Aw, that's sad, I used to watch 'Brookie' from its start in the early 80's, up till the early 2000's when it started to get a bit silly. :rolleyes: 'Jimmy' was ok till some 'divvy' got him on the 'sniff'. In one episode his girlfriend (or was it wife?🤔) emptied his stash down the bog, causing an almost nervous breakdown. When 'Cracks' (Cracker) passed away he was beside himself and he gave him a navy style burial at sea funeral, but in the river Mersey instead. :rolleyes:

https://groups.google.com/g/uk.media.tv.brookside/c/r8MLZqLwK4I?pli=1

In this episode Jimmy sticks the nut on Ron 'Dicko', then everyone does one before the 'busies' turn up!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
Aw, that's sad, I used to watch 'Brookie' from its start in the early 80's, up till the early 2000's when it started to get a bit silly. :rolleyes: 'Jimmy' was ok till some 'divvy' got him on the 'sniff'. In one episode his girlfriend (or was it wife?🤔) emptied his stash down the bog, causing an almost nervous breakdown. When 'Cracks' (Cracker) passed away he was beside himself and he gave him a navy style burial at sea funeral, but in the river Mersey instead. :rolleyes:

https://groups.google.com/g/uk.media.tv.brookside/c/r8MLZqLwK4I?pli=1

In this episode Jimmy sticks the nut on Ron 'Dicko', then everyone does one before the 'busies' turn up!:rolleyes:

Classic lol

Also that set became the Student Union bar in Hollyoaks (another Phil Redmond show), Hollyoaks and Brookside had quite a few crossovers down the years not just set re-use.

Top Bottom