Dear Mr Racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
I understand that myself, in my t-shirt, hiking trousers and trainers riding my frankenstein hybrid with flat pedals along the main road between borrowash and long eaton, must have been an affront to your credibility as a serious rider in your lycra on your fancy road bike, what with me easily keeping ahead of you for several miles despite your obvious great efforts.

However, despite this I'm afraid to inform you that overtaking by mounting the pavement around a turning lorry does NOT count as a scalp!

Also you should look behind you when pulling out around parked cars, not just to see if I'm still keeping pace - I am.

BSRU

A Human Being
I understand that myself, in my t-shirt, hiking trousers and trainers riding my frankenstein hybrid with flat pedals along the main road between borrowash and long eaton, must have been an affront to your credibility as a serious rider in your lycra on your fancy road bike, what with me easily keeping ahead of you for several miles despite your obvious great efforts.

However, despite this I'm afraid to inform you that overtaking by mounting the pavement around a turning lorry does NOT count as a scalp!

Also you should look behind you when pulling out around parked cars, not just to see if I'm still keeping pace - I am.

He's probably bragging to his mates how he took out this Tour de France cyclist without even breaking sweat. Riding on the pavement is for small children not roadies.

Arch

Married to Night Train
ah, funny, I saw a guy mount the pavement to get round a lorry today - it was reversing into a side street and he nipped behind it, idiot. He then raced off down the road oon his MTB, bunny hopping and getting some air, I believe the term is, over every speed hump. I've seen him before riding down this road like that.

The funny thing is that he's actually cycling with someone - a girl who is rather slower and sedater, so he has to then wait a bit further along for her to catch up, and then they cycle side by side on the cycle path - today, he was no handed, and they were fairly effectively blocking the path between them.

Since he was having to ride at her pace, and I was going a fair bit faster, I dinged my bell to make him move over, and then deliberately didn't thank him for moving over... It's my small act of retribution. ;)

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

I'd been counting the summer-cyclists who I see riding around parked cars like that this week... I lost count pretty quickly. Some must have mirrors, surely? But then I usually notice the ones with mirrors.

I dont get all this scalping business myself. Though when I go past a slower cyclist perheps it looks like I do. Hehe!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Blimey and that was with your 'dodgy steering' as well..... :whistle: Brad Wiggins the 2nd !

I was wondering that, how can he not scalp Jezston? a guy who'd be doing well just cycling in ever decreasing circles with his bars setup. :ohmy:

Arch, you must have cut him to the quick with that one :biggrin:

Top Bottom