Debates from the old days....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Does anyone even remember Campagnolo?
That would still be my groupset of choice. I used it for so long that the shift method became ingrained into my muscle memory. The last few years I rode I was on Shimano and no matter how much I tried I could not get used to it. Grinding up a steep hill I'd still occasionally push the wrong paddle and shift into a bigger gear and stall to a standstill.

And Campag just looks nicer and has a cooler sounding name.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Remember the huge row when the 'safety bicycle' was invented and all the 'ordinary' stalwarts did a mass flounce?
I can recall the almighty row that arose when the wheel was invented and the 531 framed log rollers took umbrage at the new fangled technology. Wheels are fragile, wheels dissolve in the rain, no one wants a plastic wheel, that sort of thing.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I think the Millenium bug was real.

classic33

Leg End Member
I suddenly came over all nostalgic remembering the days of the C+ and the great debates of old....

Nobody cares about Shimano vs. Campagnolo anymore, whether Sportives are here to stay? Is Audax racing or not and can you win one? Safespeed, the Swiss Cats. What simoncc thinks about flares this year? Arch and Patrick....
Were there any others from our past that kept-us amused?
Sadly, the new site, the reason many came here, seems to be wanting rid of any C+ content. Every site update, there's fewer posts/threads from the Cycling Plus site.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Oh this has made me laugh ^_^
C+ was a mine of information for me when I was just starting to get serious about cycling again, after many years out of the saddle.
Remember most of the things mentioned above, treadmill, ducks, Bonj, Magnatom etc.
And I was part of the Great Exodus ^_^
Met Arch once, nearly met Bonj (but didn't).

Top Bottom