Decathlon "5" MTB shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
After breaking 2 pairs of Aldi cycling shoes in the last year ,both pairs breaking on the sole plate i convinced swmbo that buying cheap as chips shoes for the amount of cycling i do seemed a waste as i could spend as much on a couple of pairs of aldi specials a year than buying a decent pair of shoes.

Cue a trip to decathlon where i bought a pair of their Btwin rockrider "5" shoes.
MTB%20SHOES%205.PNG

First impressions ..
As soon as i tried them on they were comfy , with cycling shoes i have found that width is a problem but these were listed as my shoe size and were right without having to go up a size to get the right fit.
Stiff, the sole is a lot stiffer than the aldi specials and compare to the really old pair of lake shoes i have but are really a size to big to get the width.
Confidence in the product, 2 year warranty so even if they only last that long i will have saved some money .

I've had some of these since Jan 2012 and for the money they are great.
However...compared to my 3 strap Shimano shoes they don't tighten firmly enough over the top of my foot and therefore one of my feet moves up and down in the shoe a little when pulling upwards. Obviously fit is a personal thing, but my next shoes will have 3 straps.

I've also lost two of the toe stud screws, so watch for that.

On the plus side, they still look almost like new and have barely worn the sole or lining at all - and I have walked tens of miles in them. ^_^

Top Bottom