Decathlon Bargain Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fynix

Regular
I was looking for new bikes for my boys before Christmas, and decided to pick myself up the £250 single speed "City Bike" from Decathlon as well. I wanted a simple, bomb-proof commuter.
It bears the manufacturer name ELOPS and could be considered by some to verge on BSO territory. HiTen frame, steel forks, double walled aluminium wheels and calliper brakes.

city-bike-single-speed-500-blue~2.jpg

It comes as single speed as new geared 44 / 18.

Honestly this bike has been a revelation! It has been used as my commuter since November and, apart from the addition of a rear mud guard, it is completely as supplied. I've been expecting the tyres to be an obvious weak point, but am yet to have any issues. The stated weight is 11.6 KG. It is just a superb bike to ride and punches, in my opinion, way above its price tag.

If you have looked at this but remain unsure given the price or possible quality, I would urge anybody to try one out.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Looks really cool! You can turn the wheel around and run it fixed if you like too (flip flop).

I really rate decathlons budget stuff.

I brought a no frills spin bike. Been absolutely absolutely great. None of that cross threaded pedal mallarkey.

Have had a low end Sora bike as well - absolutely no issues.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks fab - I commuted fixed for a long time. As you are running 'evens' rather than 'odd', you need to pop the chain 1 tooth on occasionally - it wears the cog and chain wheel together, and if you get a 'flat' then change it, you'll suddenly find the bike runs like a 'tractor'.

Top Bottom