Decathlon bike, rent or another good idea ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
David Byrne (of Talking Heads fame) used to have a folding bike for travelling, but now he just buys a BSO ("Walmart special") when he gets to a new town, and leaves it somewhere in the city when he is done.

6 weeks riding? I'd say definitely the Triban, even if you give it away when you are done, it's cheaper than hiring, and you can bring your own lock etc. I'd do "click and collect" from decathlon, so you know they will have the right bike in the right size in stock and ready to go. I've been in to the London stores (this was in February, so a different season) and none of the cheaper bikes were available in my size.

(the Bike Friday was just to let you know there was a folding option. I think they are built to order in Oregon, so I doubt you could have one in time, even if you thought it was a brilliant suggestion!)

Edit: I don't speak spanish, so had to use google translate, but it looks like the Triban is not stocked in that region, but you can order it to collect from a store there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
image.jpeg

Well that's the seat sorted

(the Bike Friday was just to let you know there was a folding option. I think they are built to order in Oregon, so I doubt you could have one in time, even if you thought it was a brilliant suggestion!)
I just spent a few minutes on the Bike Friday site (it's a fantasy bike brand for me), and the next build date is 20 May, and after that, the next is well into June. So very much not-an-option.

Love their Tikit.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQscBxx7wLE

Top Bottom