Decathlon Sport 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bianco

Hi Guys

I've been given the opportunity to purchase a brand new decathlon sport 4 for £489.00

LINK

Is it worth it.

I currently use a Decathlon Sport 7.1, Sora groupset, aluminium frame, steel forks...

I'm ok with my existing bike it just feels heavy and transmits everything back to me. I WANT something better, can anyone else recommend anything better for my money?

Big T

Guru
I'd go for the Decathlon if i were you. carbon front and rear and a 105 groupset, you could pay £700 to £1000 to get those on another brand of bike.

Carbon front and rear will give you a more comfortable ride, whilst 105 will give you smooth changes and is reasonably durable.

OP
OP
B

bianco

I'm going for it, the only annoying thing being is I've got a brand new set of 105 wheels, 105 brakes with kool stop salmons, Crankset. All never been used.

Shame I didn't come across this offer first!!!!!:biggrin:

cyclebum

bianco said:
I'm going for it, the only annoying thing being is I've got a brand new set of 105 wheels, 105 brakes with kool stop salmons, Crankset. All never been used.

Shame I didn't come across this offer first!!!!!:wacko:

Maybe you could sell these :smile:

OP
OP
B

bianco

And if you were to sell them, how much would you be looking for?

Sorry User, not selling. Using them on my now "winter bike"

OP
OP
B

bianco

Hi Guys

Had the bike a while now. First took it out for a spin with bonj. It felt a lot tighter than my existing bike and my imagine might enhance the vibration damping of the carbon forks and stays, but it deffo was comfy.

Thinking of "upgrading" to a compact? Would anyone else do this as the triple isn't quite as crisp as what I'm used to on my sora double.

NeilJenkins

Hi everyone,

I'm new on here this morning and this is my first posting.

I noticed you ride a Decathlon Sport 7.1, Bianco (in fact, that's what brought me here). This has been my main ride for just over a year now and is still going strong after around 7000 km. I bought it in a Decathlon sale for 199 Euro (so about £135 at the time) - fantastc value for money. I too have been thinking of eventually (money permitting!) getting a better bike, but I'm wary since the Sport 7.1 gives me a good riding experience for the money and paying good money for a new bike will surely only bring me subtle improvements. So, now that you've got your new bike, Bianco, I was wondering how you're finding it in comparison to the 7.1? Is it a matter of subtleties? Are you glad you did it?

Also, on the subject of a compact chainring, one of the things I did on my 7.1 a few months back was to change the anonymous 42-52 double chainring and cranks that came as original for a Stronglight 34-50 compact. It's been great. I don't miss the 2 lost teeth at the top end and the smaller ring has been a God-send for the hill climbs (I used to really struggle on the 42). I like it so much I wonder if I would ever have need of a triple.

Cheers to all,
Neil

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bianco said:
Hi Guys

Had the bike a while now. First took it out for a spin with bonj. It felt a lot tighter than my existing bike and my imagine might enhance the vibration damping of the carbon forks and stays, but it deffo was comfy.

Thinking of "upgrading" to a compact? Would anyone else do this as the triple isn't quite as crisp as what I'm used to on my sora double.

your triple shouldn't be less crisp than a sora double, i have both sora and triple tiagra equipped bikes, and in comparable riding situations the tiagra triple is far crisper than the sora double.

maybe the adjustment needs looking at.

Top Bottom