Decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

My Decathlon winter bib longs are the best I have. The range can be a bit hit and miss, but I have recommended it to a newby who wanted some kit and was scared by Rapha prices.

Ollie W

Cycling pls
I tend to get things like bottles, pumps, tools etc from there as it's so reasonably priced. The bibs and jerseys are ok but I'd rather get dhb stuff to be honest. It's great for gels etc and for running gear (especially £4 t shirts!).

Maybe I'm just the Southampton branch's biggest customer...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've been using Decathlon skis for about 15 years. Quecha snowblades till I wore them out, and now a pair of Wedze 165s. Fantastic kit for the price. The boot tech at Surrey Quays is very good at her job too.

U

User6179

I worked in a chocolate factory once - well, for a week.

I started my first shift at 6am. I was taken to a machine which had a tank that was filled with liquid white chocolate - but this being a British factory, there was no ball-float or anything to turn off the flow if it got full, it was done manually. And someone had forgotten. So I was given a shovel and some wellies, and spend the next hour shovelling up an ankle-deep puddle of white chocolate which was slowly solidifying around my feet. I've not eaten it since.

Aye Willy Wonka was a right Bastard to work for ^_^

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I love going to chocolate factories, Cadburys at Bournville, Nestle at York, and quite a few others, I love the smell of those places. :smile:

Back on topic though, I've had some of the Decathlon mid range shorts and they did the job well, the only downside was that they wear out a lot quicker than the more expensive stuff I have from Castelli and Giodarna, still good value for money though.
Oooooh Castelli :wub: & Sportful :wub:

A mate has some decent looking cycling shades from Decathlon, but when I went to Bolton Decathlon to look , they were just thrown into wire baskets, mainly unboxed & in torn packaging & many were scratched.

After visiting maybe 3 times, I just stopped going in, I never bought anything & the miles of racking, wire baskets & higgledy piggledy nature of the place gives me a headache.

Got to go,

Wiggle beckons.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Nothing to buy? NOTHING TO BUY???? Nobody leaves Decathlon without a bar of the white crunchy Ritter Sport chocolate from the counter. You know you're breaking the law by leaving without one right?

Totally OT question - how much does it cost?

Mile195

Veteran
Totally OT question - how much does it cost?
I think they're £1.50 each, or they often have deals at 2 for £2. Where else can you possibly find value like that?!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I agree the jerseys and shorts in Decathlon are uninspiring. But I've bought loads of other stuff from them, socks, undervests, caps, merino t shirts, overshoes, all have been well made and excellent value. Also great for brand names eg Shimano at mail order prices, I'm currently using a pair of Shimano shoes from them and only last week bought a pair of SPDs from them for £17, a bargain.
Agree with this.

Alex H

Legendary Member
I think they're £1.50 each, or they often have deals at 2 for £2. Where else can you possibly find value like that?!

£1.50! OUCH! - 2€ in Decathlon here

My favourite choc bar - but local Lidl 1.10€

Went on holiday last year - partly through Germany - on the motorway 3.60€ :wacko:

In the supermarkets though - 0.68€ - we bought 20 :laugh:

Whatever happened to that 'Common Market'? :whistle:

Mile195

Veteran
£1.50! OUCH! - 2€ in Decathlon here

My favourite choc bar - but local Lidl 1.10€

Went on holiday last year - partly through Germany - on the motorway 3.60€ :wacko:

In the supermarkets though - 0.68€ - we bought 20 :laugh:

Whatever happened to that 'Common Market'? :whistle:

Spoilt for choice eh?! I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere EXCEPT decathlon, so for me its worth the trip. Plus while I'm there I get to look at camping stuff that I'd like but don't actually need...

I agree the jerseys and shorts in Decathlon are uninspiring. But I've bought loads of other stuff from them, socks, undervests, caps, merino t shirts, overshoes, all have been well made and excellent value. Also great for brand names eg Shimano at mail order prices, I'm currently using a pair of Shimano shoes from them and only last week bought a pair of SPDs from them for £17, a bargain.

Could say the same about the 'Cycle-Promotions' sales that used to be a fixture of the north, of England
A different Sports-Centre/community-center every weekend & some bargains to b had, if you picked through
Sadly, they seem to have stopped now, I'm not even sure if the parent company (Allens Cycles of Barnsley) are in existence??

My Decathlon winter bib longs are the best I have. The range can be a bit hit and miss, but I have recommended it to a newby who wanted some kit and was scared by Rapha prices.
I've not really seen any but their range of running clothing always tends to get good reviews, particularly in the value for money range

'Trail Running' magazine, always seems to feature some in almost every test, ie; windproof jackets for less than £15 (my Inov-8 jacket cost getting on for £90, but I guess it's not that much better, if the cost-differential is considered??)
http://www.trailrunningmag.co.uk/

This Kalenji is one that seems to come out well;

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-825603-mens-running-jackets

Top Bottom