Decent, fairly cheap front light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kumquat

My mum currently has a 7.99 set from argos, actually they are ok "to be seen" but a short part of her trip has minimal street lighting and she really needs something a bit brighter to be able to see better.

I was planning on getting her a good front light for christmas...but I forgot and bought 2 other things instead (which to be fair she will love) so I am already overbudget (and a poor student). Are there any decent front lights for around 15 quid?

dim

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Saw these reduced to £15the other week but even at £20 based on my experience of the previous 30lux models itsa bargain.

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/3352...0-front-and-1-2-watt-rear-bicycle-lights.aspx
That's probably the best you'll get for the price outside of K marked lights in the German supermarket special offers. There's some that's cheaper but they're internet order and delivery costs take it well over.

Avoid cheap off roading lights from eBay. People using them on roads get to hear some fine Anglo Saxon from oncoming road users and you probably don't want to treat your mother to that.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Avoid cheap off roading lights from eBay. People using them on roads get to hear some fine Anglo Saxon from oncoming road users and you probably don't want to treat your mother to that.
I did say. If the need is there then they could be run alongside the existing lights an reserved for any unlit paths or quiet country roads when needed.
I do encounter some total A-holes on my commute that run these type of lights for their urban commute and it is as selfish as riding without lights! :cursing:

Reactions: mjr
That's probably the best you'll get for the price outside of K marked lights in the German supermarket special offers. There's some that's cheaper but they're internet order and delivery costs take it well over.

I have Owned a few 30 lux and like them a lot. However, when I looked at the 60 the run times on high were only a couple of hours. If you have rechargeable AAs then it is potentially just a bit of a faff (depending on the usage), but if you intend running on disposables it could get a bit pricey.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Planet X do a couple that are sufficient for unlit roads at a sensible price.
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIJOMIR/jobsworth-mirzam-usb-rechargable-front-light
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIJOMNSU/jobsworth-asterion-usb-rechargeable-front-light

Both on offer at £8 today. I have both as back ups on two bikes and they are fine, easy to attach and remove, waterproof and usb charged.

Top Bottom