Decent multisport GPS watches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

afanjack

I am looking to buy a new GPS watch to cover both running and cycling. My budget is £200 max. I am looking at the Garmin forerunner 310xt, and other than the fact it is very bulky, does anyone know much about this product and if it is any good?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Check out DC Rainmaker (google) he reviews GPS watches

Edit: HERE you go, in depth review for the watch you are looking at.

OP
OP
afanjack

afanjack

Thanks mate, funnily enough I just found that site browsing the net. The reviews look pretty good on it, so I may just give it a go.

thanks

James Ots

Have you had a look at the Garmin Vivoactive? I don't know much about it — I only came across it today — but it looks quite interesting, and is within your budget.

Learnincurve

I picked up the forerunner 305 from ebay for £80 a few months back, it's bulky and the battery does not last as long as the later models (also no wifi which actually makes it better for uploading to strava) but as a tool for measuring bike/running stuff it's fantastic. FYI the interface and measuring stuff stuff is identical to the later models.

OP
OP
afanjack

afanjack

I got one now. In the end I had a decent deal on a tom tom running watch and I can get 50% off a new garmin 510 so I will do them separate that way.

huwsparky

Über Member
I got one now. In the end I had a decent deal on a tom tom running watch and I can get 50% off a new garmin 510 so I will do them separate that way.
Where can you get 50% of a 510?

Have you had a look at the Garmin Vivoactive? I don't know much about it — I only came across it today — but it looks quite interesting, and is within your budget.

Garmim is seriously let down by the appaling "Garmin Connect" software

I have the VivoSmart tracker, and gave up trying to even see the fstats on Garmin Connect

Learnincurve

I also have a garmin oregon 450t and took one look at connect and noped out of it. "older" wired devices can upload to places like strava via their own plug in.

Top Bottom