decent saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Merlin Cycles have the Fiz:ik Arione for that price - I love mine, but don't do the sort of mileage you do, I'm afraid.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Chuffy said:
Brooks B17N. :biggrin:
Slightly heavier than yer average racing saddle, but a lifetime of comfort lies ahead.

That's what I thought however I have obviously not got a Brooks arse :sad:. However my spec toupe is a joy to sit on however a bit pricier at £ 75 :ohmy:

ghitchen

I find the San Marco SKN very comfortable. I looked at the Specialized Toupe first but thought they were taking the mick in charging £80. The SKN has the same spilt rear design but without the long cutout and is £16 for the cromo railed version (240g) or £38 for the titanium one (200g).

stevenb

I'd 2nd a Specialized Toupe.
They do the bare essentials one and the gel one.
Buy one 2nd hand....but go into your LBS or nearest stockist to get a sit bone test....failing that you can sit on some foam and see the marks your sit bones have left and measure the distance from the outer edge of one to the other.
Mine was about 127mm but as it happens I went for the 143mm instead of the 130mm and it's very comfy. Quality padded shorts help too.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
ghitchen said:
I find the San Marco SKN very comfortable...

It's a good saddle, but I find it's a bit too flexy at the back for me (I have one on t'other bike). If the op's budget is very limited, I'd say the SKN is one of the better budget options, but with £50 to spend, the Arione's the way I'd go.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I have the Specilized Avator. I got it because i couldnt afford a Toupe.
I've done alot of miles on it already and i find it very comfy. Together with some good padded shorts its very comfy.

Joe

Über Member
I ride an Arione. I wouldn't exactly call it comfy but I've tried several others and I always come back to it so it can't be bad! Decent shorts make all the difference on long rides.

Top Bottom