Decent sentence?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I would have banned him for life .

I like this bit "Woodhead had been ‘in no trouble at all’ for five years and was “clearly trying to sort his life out” and be a law-abiding citizen".

Strangely , law abiding citizens don't get into trouble at all, and don't go getting hammered and smashing their car into houses, good try lad, but sadly he failed the law abiding Citizen test.

Ganymede

Veteran
I'm interested in this quote from the judge: “Why should the court take into account your mother and your girlfriend if you’re not bothered to. The time to show you mercy has gone.” Tough but true.

I hope the judge on the case of the woman driving her car through the hair salon takes the same attitude.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Trouble is, you do wonder whether it will actually work, in the sense of preventing a repeat offence. Some people do just seem to be beyond redemption, and given his record, he certainly looks like one of them. What are the odds of him getting out in 6 months, having a skinful, and getting back behind a wheel? I'd put money on it.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Trouble is, you do wonder whether it will actually work, in the sense of preventing a repeat offence. Some people do just seem to be beyond redemption, and given his record, he certainly looks like one of them. What are the odds of him getting out in 6 months, having a skinful, and getting back behind a wheel? I'd put money on it.
Yes he does seem a rather inveterate recidivist. The current law clearly isn't a deterrent, more draconian penalties could include cutting his feet off or implanting some chemical that converts more than a mouthwash size glug of alcohol into an immediate and painful poison.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'm not convinced that jailing the guy will do any good. I'd much rather have seen a lifetime driving ban imposed.

I'm interested in this quote from the judge: “Why should the court take into account your mother and your girlfriend if you’re not bothered to. The time to show you mercy has gone.” Tough but true.

I hope the judge on the case of the woman driving her car through the hair salon takes the same attitude.

Ending a sentence with a preposition? Indecent sentence by the judge.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I would have banned him for life .

I like this bit "Woodhead had been ‘in no trouble at all’ for five years and was “clearly trying to sort his life out” and be a law-abiding citizen".

Strangely , law abiding citizens don't get into trouble at all, and don't go getting hammered and smashing their car into houses, good try lad, but sadly he failed the law abiding Citizen test.

Lawyer speak for "hasn't been caught for 5 years". :rolleyes:

Top Bottom