(Decision made)Battery hedge trimmers..... any recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7, would you mind posting a review when you have used your hedge trimmer? I am thinking about getting the same and it would be handy to have your views on it.
Review as promised.
As I said.....we have a lot of shrubs, bushes and 2 quite large pyrocantha thingies but most of what needs cutting is 3-5mm thick.
The Mac Allister whizzed through it all no problem.
We have an area where the ivy & holly from the adjacent open land has really got a grip.....zipped through that no problem (took a while as some of it was very thick and needed the long handled cutters).
Battery lasted over one hour with no sign of dieing (spelling??) although, as you can imagine, it was on & off all the time.
Time will tell but so far I am extremely pleased and would highly recommend it.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Review as promised.
As I said.....we have a lot of shrubs, bushes and 2 quite large pyrocantha thingies but most of what needs cutting is 3-5mm thick.
The Mac Allister whizzed through it all no problem.
We have an area where the ivy & holly from the adjacent open land has really got a grip.....zipped through that no problem (took a while as some of it was very thick and needed the long handled cutters).
Battery lasted over one hour with no sign of dieing (spelling??) although, as you can imagine, it was on & off all the time.
Time will tell but so far I am extremely pleased and would highly recommend it.
One thing I'd recommend is oiling the blades before and after use.

alicat

Legendary Member
Thank you very much @Dave7. I've done the lower parts of my yew arch now and am psyching myself up for the upper reaches. That MacAllister might be handy for the lower parts next time.

Off to get some oil for the blades, @raleighnut.

Top Bottom