(Decision made)Battery hedge trimmers..... any recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Cut the hedge down and erect a fence. Hedges are like lawns, they need to be trimmed.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
My wife has a Bosch AHS 50-20 LI 18V cordless hedge cutter which she uses for her shrubs. I borrowed once to cut a small hedge and was impressed with the cut and it’s certainly light as a feather compared to my STIHL petrol hedge cutter.

alicat

Legendary Member
@Dave7, would you mind posting a review when you have used your hedge trimmer? I am thinking about getting the same and it would be handy to have your views on it.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7, would you mind posting a review when you have used your hedge trimmer? I am thinking about getting the same and it would be handy to have your views on it.
I am planning to give it a good trial this afternoon so will let you know.
Apparently B&Q own Screwfix but they are selling them at £60ish.
A builder friend tells me Mac Allister make good tools.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I am planning to give it a good trial this afternoon so will let you know.
Apparently B&Q own Screwfix but they are selling them at £60ish.
A builder friend tells me Mac Allister make good tools.

They make cheap tools that work for a while

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Makita are good. Not the cheapest but they do lots of battery operated things. ^_^

Strimmers, hedge cutters, chain saws etc. Everything you could possibly want to keep your bushes trimmed and tidy :smile:. The battery lasts a long time as well. Well made and durable. We have quite a few Makita things. They are really good.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Makita are good. Not the cheapest but they do lots of battery operated things. ^_^

Strimmers, hedge cutters, chain saws etc. Everything you could possibly want to keep your bushes trimmed and tidy :smile:. The battery lasts a long time as well. Well made and durable. We have quite a few Makita things. They are really good.
Most of my hedges are fairly lighweight ie maybe 3-4mm. Any heavy stuff the gardener can sort out.

Top Bottom