Decision Made

Does it look ok

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Battery and timestamp are a big thing for me...also size...of camera.

I like timestamp because people can't really deny themselves not being there and I dont have to rack my brains for when it happened.:thumbsup:

BSRU

A Human Being
Battery and timestamp are a big thing for me...also size...of camera.

I like timestamp because people can't really deny themselves not being there and I dont have to rack my brains for when it happened.:thumbsup:
The Contour GPS or Plus video has embedded GPS data which includes the time and date.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
The pics from this look very good. Clear and not too wobbly. Is there anything that can be used to reduce the wind noise though. In just about every vid I've ever seen from a bike there is always terrible sound quality. Wind noise is often a problem as well as a lot of clicks and clatter from vibrations. Would a piece of foam over the mic reduce the wind noise or is it just something that is part of head cam vids for the time being. Clacks and clicks not so evident in your vid here but where they are could people use some sort of cushioning in the mounting?
Something tells me that if these issues wee easily solved that they would have been by now though.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
The pics from this look very good. Clear and not too wobbly. Is there anything that can be used to reduce the wind noise though. In just about every vid I've ever seen from a bike there is always terrible sound quality. Wind noise is often a problem as well as a lot of clicks and clatter from vibrations. Would a piece of foam over the mic reduce the wind noise or is it just something that is part of head cam vids for the time being. Clacks and clicks not so evident in your vid here but where they are could people use some sort of cushioning in the mounting?
Something tells me that if these issues wee easily solved that they would have been by now though.

You will find the better the camera the less wind effects the sound. On my roam i have it set to max sensitvity so it picks up voices clearly but wind is never a big deal on it. it is possible to reduce the effect by putting thin tape or something over the mic. Clacks and clicks normally come from a bad handle bar mount and the camera is just picking it up. The problem is easy to fix but budget camera tend to lack the tec so they are not as good.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
You will find the better the camera the less wind effects the sound. On my roam i have it set to max sensitvity so it picks up voices clearly but wind is never a big deal on it. it is possible to reduce the effect by putting thin tape or something over the mic. Clacks and clicks normally come from a bad handle bar mount and the camera is just picking it up. The problem is easy to fix but budget camera tend to lack the tec so they are not as good.
The sound on yours did sound better than a lot I've heard. I think perhaps that in general manufacturers concentrate a lot more on the picture and can tend to let the sound recording quality suffer. Perhaps in some cases an externally fitted, specialized mic could do the trick. I have to watch some peoples vids with the sound off so bad is the clacking and popping and general background hiss and grumble. As I say though, yours was definitely one of the better ones.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
oregonscientificcamera.jpg

This...also got another one of the same sort on the way...Just ordered a dogcam...

Ironic really,thats the second camera I have lost...also lost one in the Cannon Tunnel when I was being chased by a lorry that one ended under it...Have been using MUVI's but they are limited and not waterproof.

Fantastic driving by that bus driver...How he managed to get the tyres over the camera I will never know.:blink:

DAMMIT-SD Card damaged can't get the files off.

Jdratcliffe

After much thought on what camera i was going to get i sided with.......

The Contour Roam
Really good camera and im happy with it
Took me ages to find out the correct render settings for it... i think i got it but im not all that sure, it looks ok though.

Quick segment there to check it looked ok.
Looks good can i ask what the battery life and mem usage is like? looking for a cam but my commute being 22miles takes at worst 1:40mins so would need a battery life of 4hrs and a device to take a card large enough to store 4 hrs footage ( would charge and empty at night)

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Looks good can i ask what the battery life and mem usage is like? looking for a cam but my commute being 22miles takes at worst 1:40mins so would need a battery life of 4hrs and a device to take a card large enough to store 4 hrs footage ( would charge and empty at night)
for a hd camera the roam is not bad. i get around 3hours on 1080P on a 16gb card and the battery lasts around 3 hours on this setting. you could no doubt plug it into a wall at work if you find its runs out or put it on lower settings.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Received my camera yesterday and it's made it's debut on yesterday's commute.Very impressed.I also have three spare batteries.The best camera I have ever had no doubt...The playback was choppy for night time coverage on Gomplayer but it's fine under Windows media player and also VLC.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I voted for "could be improved" only on the grounds that your helmet gets into the left hand side of the frame and is to me annoying. Perhaps if it could be moved forward a bit it might help. Other than that exellent, sharp and bright camera.
i think the helmet being there helps. It does reduce the view by a little but it does give some prospective

Top Bottom