Deckchairs rearranged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I thought they would just close it to stop foreigners coming in !

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Getlink? Get lost!

"The initials GET are already used on stock exchanges for Groupe Eurotunnel" :laugh: So to appear more British, the name is becoming more French. It's like a metaphor for so much that is happening these days, isn't it?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Getlink? Get lost!

"The initials GET are already used on stock exchanges for Groupe Eurotunnel" :laugh: So to appear more British, the name is becoming more French. It's like a metaphor for so much that is happening these days, isn't it?

Zut alors! ^_^

I have heard a rumour that should Brexit negotiations not go well, there is a secret plan to use Eric Pickles to bung the tunnel entrance up. :eek:

And the other end?

looney.gif

Bloody foreigners <mutter>

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I would do it rather than use the ferry. Sorry @Salty seadog
It'd also beat trying to get one of the twelve daily bike spaces in Le Shuttle or trying to figure out Eurostar's current anti cycling rules.

Don't they realise the people who use the Eurotunnel are pro Europe?
I've disagreed with you a few times in the last few days, but this is totally my feeling too.

Also
The Guardian said:
“No massive expensive brand identity organisation came in. It’s Get – go and acquire – and Link. It’s not fancy, it’s not invented. It’s very Anglo-Saxon – and a large part of our customer base and investor base is Anglo-Saxon."
No. Getlink doesn't sound like English. And English speakers don't use anglo-saxon this way. I will use "anglo-saxon" to describe the similar drinking cultures in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ etc. But when I am talking about words, then I say "english" (or "English".... sorry, capitalisation confuses me)

Top Bottom