Decorating.......calculating rolls needed.... WoW that was a close one.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have lived here 30 years so decorated the kitchen numerous times. It takes 4 rolls with no match and 5 if there is a match.
Chose the paper and they had just 5 rolls left (all the same shade) and part of another roll (different shade number) which they gave us anyway. That was it, absolutely no more and the shop closing next day for a re-fit.
Turns out the match/drop was bigger than I expected and we were forced to use the other shade number.
Got away with it by using it in a recessed section but it was a close one :whistle:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Top work.

Fancy doing my stairs and landing?

D

Deleted member 26715

I actually don't mind wallpapering, I hate decorating though

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Living in Denmark you almost never see wallpaper.

I used to buy old houses to do up and sell in the UK. How I never died on those long drop staircases whilst wallpapering, is a mystery

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Living in Denmark you almost never see wallpaper.

I used to buy old houses to do up and sell in the UK. How I never died on those long drop staircases whilst wallpapering, is a mystery
Our house has such a stairwell with the longest drop being over 20 feet. Two ladders and a plank was needed. As I say, I pay someone else now ^_^

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I did some papering for my younger son a few years ago.

He had helpfully estimated and bought the number of rolls he thought we'd need ...

Some extremely creative use of offcuts in dark corners ensued. :banghead:

postman

Legendary Member
I remember many years ago offering tips to my new neighbour.How many rolls are needed for the front room Bob he asked.8 was my reply.Two weeks later he came round,telling me he had one roll left over,funny said i so did we.

Top Bottom