Deep fantasy league (WT+HC)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garfield

Über Member
I'd like to invite you to participate in a rather original project. It is an independent fantasy competition in which you control one WorldTour team, sign riders to long-term contracts via auctions, then designate 8/9 riders for every race and score points based on the real-life outcome. Pretty much makes you feel like a real team owner.

This started in January 2012. As we enter year 2, we're 16 people from all around the world, but we'd like to find more cycling fans to join the fun. Next week we'll hold an expansion draft for any new managers. This is officially the last opportunity to join before the 2013 season.

If you'd like to try it out, sign up here:
http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=44212.0

Noodley

road.cc seems a bit easier to follow and manage.

OP
OP
G

Garfield

Über Member
I agree, but I also think you misunderstood the purpose.

road.cc is a "mindless fun" artificial kind of prediction game, where everything is short-term oriented. You pick some guys you think will do well in a single race.
Our game is very different and much more realistic for anybody who wants to feel like a true World Tour team manager. Just like in real life, you sign contracts up to three years with up to 30 riders and every rider belongs to exactly one team. Only then you pick 8-9 of them to represent you in in every single race, scoring points according to CQ. Plus you can buy, sell, or exchange riders with other teams. Plus we have a neo-pro draft. Plus we will hold an expansion draft as 2-3 new teams join next week.

So yeah, road.cc is easier, but it's hardly a fair comparison. It's like saying flying a kite is easier than flying a jet fighter :smile:

I agree, but I also think you misunderstood the purpose.

road.cc is a "mindless fun" artificial kind of prediction game, where everything is short-term oriented. You pick some guys you think will do well in a single race.
Our game is very different and much more realistic for anybody who wants to feel like a true World Tour team manager. Just like in real life, you sign contracts up to three years with up to 30 riders and every rider belongs to exactly one team. Only then you pick 8-9 of them to represent you in in every single race, scoring points according to CQ. Plus you can buy, sell, or exchange riders with other teams. Plus we have a neo-pro draft. Plus we will hold an expansion draft as 2-3 new teams join next week.

As "who" exactly?

So yeah, road.cc is easier, but it's hardly a fair comparison. It's like saying flying a kite is easier than flying a jet fighter :smile:

Yup! Flying kite is definitely more fun.. :becool:

OP
OP
G

Garfield

Über Member
What did I ever do to deserve that? :cry:

You took my breath away. I want it back :whistle:

The Couch

Über Member
Holy s***! Mindless fun does me fine, I would like to have some kinda life :boxing:
You mean ... with all of the time you're spending here already with bashing dopers and riders you don't like? :thumbsup:

Got to agree though, Garfield... seems a bit "too intensive" for me, but hope you find some people

OP
OP
G

Garfield

Über Member
Haha, nice burn :becool:

I wouldn't call it intense, actually. To me, it just provides a certain degree of realism and continuity: you sign 20+ riders for the whole season and roll with them. It's a cool process to see how high others value certain riders, plus to try and shape your team so that you don't have 20 Giro participants and 2 dudes in the Vuelta, then have some youth, have some experience, have some rouleurs, have some climbers - this way watching both MSR and TdF is much more enjoyable :smile:

And yeah, no worries - it's season 3, so we'll have enough participants. Just posted a reminder in case somebody new wanted to try it out. The more the merrier!

Noodley

You mean ... with all of the time you're spending here already with bashing dopers and riders you don't like? :thumbsup:

I did say "some kinda life" in order recognise that my time spent here may not be the best use of my time...

If I could be assured to be FDJ I might join

Top Bottom