Deep Frezze Cold Spray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
A few weeks ago I had a slight pain or strain in my lower back area and I sprayed some of the above on the affected area the following day the pain was much worse if it was made worse by the spray I do not know

I got some tablets from my GP for the pain and it was gone in a few hours . have you ever used Deep Frezze spray ? if you have let us hear your feedback on it

Stevec047

Über Member
Deep freeze is a weird one. I use to use it alot when I played semi pro rugby years ago and yes it did work for slight aches and pains but if you had really pulled a muscle the best thing you could do is rest up take a couple of anti inflammatory tablets such as ibrouprfen and keep moving.

I don't touch the stuff now after speaking with the club's sports physio who hated the stuff and said it was a waste of time and can cause further injury as your brain is tricked into thinking the injury is gone but in fact the pain has just been blocked.

At the club I played for it was routine after the match or training to have a ice bath. If sprain or pulled muscle occurred it was an ice pack immediately. Torture but wow did you feel better for it the following day.

Heat packs are a good option but again it depends on the injury but not straight away as they will increase blood flow to the injury. Best to use an ice pack to start and over the course of a few days use the heat pack.

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
I used the deep freeze gel when I was waiting for an op to fuse the joint in my lower back.
It helped a lot, far better than ibuprofen gel.
Only time it went a bit wrong was when I slapped too much on and felt like I was on fire.
Had to get in the shower and scrub it off.
Have tried the spray but didn't find it worked too well, also gel easier to apply to the direct target :smile:.

Top Bottom