Defiantly unrepentant

yes. the glueless ones are silly
 

wafflycat

New Member
I love the glueless ones. I've used several and they've all worked without fail, and on high pressure tyres too. Of course, it may just be my amazing skill that's the key, rather than the patch :biggrin:
 

Pete

Guest
I've never tried them (the glueless ones I mean). Always assumed they were for MTBs only, no good at 100psi. Perhaps I ought to hold back judgement until I do.
 
Pete said:
I've never tried them (the glueless ones I mean). Always assumed they were for MTBs only, no good at 100psi. Perhaps I ought to hold back judgement until I do.
I was bought some as a gift, but have only used them on our MTB's where they have been satisfactory. I may be being over cautious, but on our road bikes I find the oozing tackiness of generously applied glue is reassuring.
 
I have used both and the glueless type seem to peel off in time and/or the glue lessens it's 'impact' over time, storage. Perhaps they should have a use by date? :biggrin:
 

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Location
South London
I've tried glueless "instant" ones, and found them to be less reliable than old school patches. I was a bit of a slow learner with normal patches, but now I pride myself on my repair quality.
 
BentMikey said:
I've tried glueless "instant" ones, and found them to be less reliable than old school patches. I was a bit of a slow learner with normal patches, but now I pride myself on my repair quality.
You and me both. I shamefuly used to chuck tubes (or chop them up for equipment grips) rather than repair them until I was encouraged to give proper mending a go. Silly really - I just didn't trust myself to make a decent job of it.
 
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
beanzontoast said:
You and me both. I shamefuly used to chuck tubes (or chop them up for equipment grips) rather than repair them until I was encouraged to give proper mending a go. Silly really - I just didn't trust myself to make a decent job of it.

Was you never a hard-up teenager?
 
Top Bottom