Definitive List of UK Sportives?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone know if there is an online definitive list of Sportive rides? I have missed 2 local ones, simply because I keep an eye on Wiggle, UK Cycling, British Cycling etc, and the others were not organised by national entities..... and they weren't heavily advertised either... it would be good if there was a UK database of rides.... is there one?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Definitive? As in "if your name's not down you're not coming in" how would that work?

Reactions: mjr

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
No, a single website that lists all sportive events in date order, no matter who the sponsor/organiser is ....
Fairly certain one doesn't exit. And there's very little real incentive for anyone to create one given the nature of sportives, and then, how do you maintain it, guarantee it is definitive, and generally keep it up to date?

Maybe you should take up Audax instead?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
If I were looking for details of local sportives, my first port of call would be local cycling clubs and local press/listings.

The last two local sportives I did, I heard about them via word of mouth. Old fashioned, I know, but sometimes getting out and meeting real people teaches you things that you can't find on the internet.

Maintaining a list such as you describe would be a full time job and there would be no money in it so not worth anyone's while.

tobykenobi

Über Member
Some councils compile their own lists, for example here's Worcester's. Doesn't only have sportives and not sure if it could ever be definitive - there's at least one I'm aware of that isn't there.

Top Bottom