Defy 0 upgraded?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave147

as it says I have a 2016 giant defy 0 which ultegra shifters and rear derailleur. 105 from derailleur, rs 500 crank br561 brakes. I would like to have a full ultegra bike but woundering if it’s worth the cost. What would I be gaining at what sort of cost.

Sorry for the long post

Dave

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You won't be gaining anything except bling and a lighter wallet.

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

It was the crank that is rs500 didn’t now where that fitted in the range 105 or ultegra and if I was gona change that I wud do the front mech to match. Carnt see changing brakes making that much dif. Maybe better pads first

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Indeed. That's the way to go. However If you'te OCD about wanting all the same components then go for it. Nothing wrong with that.

bpsmith

Veteran
I had 105 10 speed on my first bike then Ultegra 11 speed on the next one. Could tell a difference between the shifting and braking. Road a mates 105 11 speed a little while back and no real obvious difference, with the new tech applied to the newer groupset. Both great kit.

Definitely noticed the difference between the Ultegra calipers compared to the Tektro on first bike mind you!

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Very few bikes have genuine full Integra, which includes hubs, seat post, pedals, chain, cables and even skewers. I wouldn't sweat it - how it rides is what's important, what the sticker on the componentry says is not.

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Maybe get sum weight of me first then look at the bike. As spending I’m guessing about 300 ish notes on crank front neck and brakes

Top Bottom