Dehydration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
I drink three litres of fluid a day, I've been told to do this by the urologist to avoid the dreaded kidney stones that I'm prone too. You get use to it, just lots of peeing.........

I'm not sure I will, still having to force it down!

S-Express

Surely if you are having to 'force it down', then you are probably not as thirsty as you think you are?

keithmac

Guru
I take two 500ml bottles of water to work, them along with a couple of cups of coffee are plenty.

Drink mostly tea or juice at home.

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Surely if you are having to 'force it down', then you are probably not as thirsty as you think you are?

I don't feel thirsty but I've been having classic signs that I'm dehydrated so I really do need to increase my fluid intake.

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
I take two 500ml bottles of water to work, them along with a couple of cups of coffee are plenty.

Drink mostly tea or juice at home.

I had a glass of water with breakfast. A large mug of water at work (better than the piddly cups!) Then just a glass of squash with dinner and one just now. Probably still not enough so might try and take a bottle tomorrow to drink in the afternoon when I'm out on my bike

steve50

Disenchanted Member
1 glass of water at breakfast, a large mug of water at work (half a pint?) and a glass of squash with dinner and one recently, add it up, two pints of fluid over the day + or - nowhere near enough, the recommended intake is two liters of fluid per day or eight 8 ounce glasses per day. You have seen your mum going through health issues associated with dehydration but you don't drink anywhere near enough yourself ????? Dilute squash come in many many flavours, it can make drinking water a whole lot easier add to that the dozens of carbonated drinks readily available off the shelf, two liters of fluid a day is easy to achieve without much effort.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I'm not sure I will, still having to force it down!
Over the years water has become my favorite drink. At home we have a sperate drinking water tap which is filtered. It removes all chemical tastes / smells and makes the water easier to drink. In the office I have a 1 litre bottle on my desk which I fill with water and drink in addition to the teas. At home I have a 500ml glass on my desk which I continually drink and refill throughout the day. Forget the 200ml glasses they are a waste of time. You need a large glass from which you can drink a sufficiently large and refreshing quantity of water without having to keep returning to the tap. The only time I cut back on the water is if I have a long meeting or journey planned for obvious reasons. Finally, if I go out for a meal I have a single glass of wine, but then I always ask for a jug of water. Initially it's a reall chore, but after a while it gets easier and more enjoyable. Feeling hydrated also makes you feel much better in yourself.

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
1 glass of water at breakfast, a large mug of water at work (half a pint?) and a glass of squash with dinner and one recently, add it up, two pints of fluid over the day + or - nowhere near enough, the recommended intake is two liters of fluid per day or eight 8 ounce glasses per day. You have seen your mum going through health issues associated with dehydration but you don't drink anywhere near enough yourself ????? Dilute squash come in many many flavours, it can make drinking water a whole lot easier add to that the dozens of carbonated drinks readily available off the shelf, two liters of fluid a day is easy to achieve without much effort.

And that's why I'm trying to improve how much I drink, but it has only been 3 days, hard to change habits overnight.

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Over the years water has become my favorite drink. At home we have a sperate drinking water tap which is filtered. It removes all chemical tastes / smells and makes the water easier to drink. In the office I have a 1 litre bottle on my desk which I fill with water and drink in addition to the teas. At home I have a 500ml glass on my desk which I continually drink and refill throughout the day. Forget the 200ml glasses they are a waste of time. You need a large glass from which you can drink a sufficiently large and refreshing quantity of water without having to keep returning to the tap. The only time I cut back on the water is if I have a long meeting or journey planned for obvious reasons. Finally, if I go out for a meal I have a single glass of wine, but then I always ask for a jug of water. Initially it's a reall chore, but after a while it gets easier and more enjoyable. Feeling hydrated also makes you feel much better in yourself.

I'll get a pint glass or bottle I can take in, thanks!

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Start with a glass of water when you wake up and a cup of berry tea, there's 500ml and you haven't left the house, easy.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I always drink when I'm eating, and find it easy to have a glass or two. If I'm feeling very thirsty then I'll start with tap water to quench the immediate thirst but I find I will drink more if it's sparkling water, so I'll move onto that, otherwise I don't seem to drink enough. I think you need to experiment with different drinks to find which ones you can drink more of. Have you tried herbal teas?

Top Bottom